1. Which case confirmed the view in DERRY V PEEK?
- WILLIAMS V NATURAL LIFE HEALTH FOODS
- CANDLER V CRANE CHRISTMAS
- LAMBERT V WEST DEVON BC
- HEDLEY BRYNE V HELLER
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in DERRY V PEEK?
- Involved health food franchises
- Agreement to prevent C from gambling, breached duty but failed because C could've bet somewhere else.
- D said they had a licence to runs trams, C sued when they invested and lost money when the licences weren't granted. D not liable.
- Investor asked insurance company for advice on an investment and sued for the negligent advice given. D not liable.
3. What is the main policy reason to why the courts have been reluctant to allow C to recover for pure economic loss?
- Compensation for bad bargains
- Quantifying losses
4. LORD DENNING gave a dissenting judgment in CANDLER saying what?
- A duty of care is owed when the representor knew his statement would be showed and when the representor knew his statement would be relied on
- Described a 'special relationship' as 'equivalent to contract'
5. Special skill, reasonable reliance and actual/constructive knowledge are requirements of what?
- Duty of care
- 'Special relationship'
- Breach of duty
Similar Law resources: