1. LORD DENNING gave a dissenting judgment in CANDLER saying what?
- A duty of care is owed when the representor knew his statement would be showed and when the representor knew his statement would be relied on
- Described a 'special relationship' as 'equivalent to contract'
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main policy reason to why the courts have been reluctant to allow C to recover for pure economic loss?
- Quantifying losses
- Compensation for bad bargains
3. Special skill, reasonable reliance and actual/constructive knowledge are requirements of what?
- Duty of care
- 'Special relationship'
- Breach of duty
4. What is the case to explain the difference between consequential economic loss and pure economic loss?
- DERRY V PEEK
- CAPARO V DICKMAN
- SPARTAN STEEL V MARTIN
- CHAUDHRY V PRABHAKER
5. What happened in DERRY V PEEK?
- D said they had a licence to runs trams, C sued when they invested and lost money when the licences weren't granted. D not liable.
- Investor asked insurance company for advice on an investment and sued for the negligent advice given. D not liable.
- Involved health food franchises
- Agreement to prevent C from gambling, breached duty but failed because C could've bet somewhere else.
Similar Law resources: