1. Which case confirmed the view in DERRY V PEEK?
- LAMBERT V WEST DEVON BC
- CANDLER V CRANE CHRISTMAS
- HEDLEY BRYNE V HELLER
- WILLIAMS V NATURAL LIFE HEALTH FOODS
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Special skill, reasonable reliance and actual/constructive knowledge are requirements of what?
- Duty of care
- 'Special relationship'
- Breach of duty
3. LORD DENNING gave a dissenting judgment in CANDLER saying what?
- A duty of care is owed when the representor knew his statement would be showed and when the representor knew his statement would be relied on
- Described a 'special relationship' as 'equivalent to contract'
4. What happened in DERRY V PEEK?
- Agreement to prevent C from gambling, breached duty but failed because C could've bet somewhere else.
- D said they had a licence to runs trams, C sued when they invested and lost money when the licences weren't granted. D not liable.
- Involved health food franchises
- Investor asked insurance company for advice on an investment and sued for the negligent advice given. D not liable.
5. What is the case to explain the difference between consequential economic loss and pure economic loss?
- DERRY V PEEK
- CAPARO V DICKMAN
- SPARTAN STEEL V MARTIN
- CHAUDHRY V PRABHAKER
Similar Law resources: