1. Does the discussion of law have persuasive or binding authority?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in DERRY V PEEK?
- Involved health food franchises
- Agreement to prevent C from gambling, breached duty but failed because C could've bet somewhere else.
- D said they had a licence to runs trams, C sued when they invested and lost money when the licences weren't granted. D not liable.
- Investor asked insurance company for advice on an investment and sued for the negligent advice given. D not liable.
3. Special skill, reasonable reliance and actual/constructive knowledge are requirements of what?
- Duty of care
- 'Special relationship'
- Breach of duty
4. LORD DENNING gave a dissenting judgment in CANDLER saying what?
- A duty of care is owed when the representor knew his statement would be showed and when the representor knew his statement would be relied on
- Described a 'special relationship' as 'equivalent to contract'
5. Duty of care owed for pure economic loss established in what case?
- ESSO PETROLEUM V MARDON
- GORHAM V BT AND OTHERS
- HEDLEY BRYNE V HELLER
- DERRY V PEEK
Similar Law resources: