1. Which case confirmed the view in DERRY V PEEK?
- LAMBERT V WEST DEVON BC
- WILLIAMS V NATURAL LIFE HEALTH FOODS
- CANDLER V CRANE CHRISTMAS
- HEDLEY BRYNE V HELLER
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Does the discussion of law have persuasive or binding authority?
3. What is the main policy reason to why the courts have been reluctant to allow C to recover for pure economic loss?
- Quantifying losses
- Compensation for bad bargains
4. What is the case to explain the difference between consequential economic loss and pure economic loss?
- CHAUDHRY V PRABHAKER
- DERRY V PEEK
- SPARTAN STEEL V MARTIN
- CAPARO V DICKMAN
5. What happened in DERRY V PEEK?
- Agreement to prevent C from gambling, breached duty but failed because C could've bet somewhere else.
- Investor asked insurance company for advice on an investment and sued for the negligent advice given. D not liable.
- D said they had a licence to runs trams, C sued when they invested and lost money when the licences weren't granted. D not liable.
- Involved health food franchises
Similar Law resources: