1. What did the enabling act (passed in 1933) allow Hitler to do?
- Take charge over the country in a time of need
- Make laws without the President
- Make laws without consulting the Reichstag for the next 4 years
- Make laws with his advisors
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many seats did the Nazi party have in the Reichstag in 1932 (july)?
3. Why was the NOVEMBER election seen as a failure to many Nazis in 1932?
- Their votes (and seat numbers) had dropped from 230- 196 however they were still the majority in the Reichstag!
- They lost the election by 33.7% of the votes
- Their leader was sent to prison
- The SA had been a negative impact so they knew they had to reduce the violence.
4. When did Hitler become Chancellor?
- July 1934
- January 1933
- November 1933
5. Who was killed in 1934 to remove opposition within the Nazi party?
- 16 Nazis
- Ernst Rhom and 400 SA members ( The night of long knives)
- All Nazi leaders, including goebelles, Himmler and Rhom
- 300,000 unemployed German men
Similar History resources: