1. Why did Mussolini make Lateran Treaties with the Papacy 1929?
- to give them lessons
- to promise not to kill the pope
- to appease them
- to give them more food
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the Aventine Secession take place 1924?
- the king went on strike
- After the death of Matteoti, resigned parliament members set up their own party
- After Mussolini got into parliament, the government went on strike
- the king died
3. Why did Mussolini launch the battle for grain 1925?
- to free Italy from 'the slavery of foreign bread' and make it autarky
- He fell out with the British Prime Minister and needed more bread
- All the fields in Italy had flooded so he needed to build them up again
- All the imported ships had been sunk and there were threats in the sea
4. Why did Mussolini launch battle for lira?
- The rise of inflation in 1925, the lira was decreasing in value
- The other powers in Europe were unable to lend Italy any more money
- The goverment were spending all Italy's money on new unaffordable stuff
- The goverment was corrupt and the country was bankrupt
5. Why did the king of Italy appoint Mussolini PM?
- He doesn't want Civil war and him to loose his position or his head
- He doesn't want to upset his mummy, because she loves Mussolini
- He can't be bothered to run the country any more so he just lets Mussolini
- He had heart problems and it was straining him to be in charge