1. Why was there a march on Rome October 1922?
- Mussolini was on the verge of accepting power bu told to hold out for more
- He wanted a civil war against the monarchy
- He was a bit crazy and wanted anarchy
- He didn't like the art in Rome so he wanted to smash it up
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Mussolini launch the battle for grain 1925?
- to free Italy from 'the slavery of foreign bread' and make it autarky
- He fell out with the British Prime Minister and needed more bread
- All the fields in Italy had flooded so he needed to build them up again
- All the imported ships had been sunk and there were threats in the sea
3. Why did the king of Italy appoint Mussolini PM?
- He doesn't want Civil war and him to loose his position or his head
- He had heart problems and it was straining him to be in charge
- He doesn't want to upset his mummy, because she loves Mussolini
- He can't be bothered to run the country any more so he just lets Mussolini
4. Why did the Aventine Secession take place 1924?
- the king went on strike
- After the death of Matteoti, resigned parliament members set up their own party
- After Mussolini got into parliament, the government went on strike
- the king died
5. Why did the Fascist party win an overwhelming election victory 1924?
- by using blackmail and rigging the election so 100% voted for them
- through fear and intimidation, with Mussolini's speeches about Italy
- using witchcraft and wizardry to force people to vote for Fascism
- He was so attractive every lady in Italy voted for him and urged everyone