1. Why did Mussolini launch battle for lira?
- The goverment was corrupt and the country was bankrupt
- The other powers in Europe were unable to lend Italy any more money
- The rise of inflation in 1925, the lira was decreasing in value
- The goverment were spending all Italy's money on new unaffordable stuff
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Mussolini make Lateran Treaties with the Papacy 1929?
- to give them lessons
- to appease them
- to give them more food
- to promise not to kill the pope
3. Why did Mussolini launch the battle for grain 1925?
- All the imported ships had been sunk and there were threats in the sea
- He fell out with the British Prime Minister and needed more bread
- to free Italy from 'the slavery of foreign bread' and make it autarky
- All the fields in Italy had flooded so he needed to build them up again
4. Why did the Aventine Secession take place 1924?
- After the death of Matteoti, resigned parliament members set up their own party
- the king died
- After Mussolini got into parliament, the government went on strike
- the king went on strike
5. Why did the Fascist party win an overwhelming election victory 1924?
- through fear and intimidation, with Mussolini's speeches about Italy
- using witchcraft and wizardry to force people to vote for Fascism
- by using blackmail and rigging the election so 100% voted for them
- He was so attractive every lady in Italy voted for him and urged everyone