1. Why did Mussolini launch battle for lira?
- The other powers in Europe were unable to lend Italy any more money
- The goverment were spending all Italy's money on new unaffordable stuff
- The rise of inflation in 1925, the lira was decreasing in value
- The goverment was corrupt and the country was bankrupt
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the Aventine Secession take place 1924?
- the king went on strike
- the king died
- After the death of Matteoti, resigned parliament members set up their own party
- After Mussolini got into parliament, the government went on strike
3. Why did the king of Italy appoint Mussolini PM?
- He had heart problems and it was straining him to be in charge
- He doesn't want Civil war and him to loose his position or his head
- He can't be bothered to run the country any more so he just lets Mussolini
- He doesn't want to upset his mummy, because she loves Mussolini
4. Why did the Fascist party win an overwhelming election victory 1924?
- by using blackmail and rigging the election so 100% voted for them
- through fear and intimidation, with Mussolini's speeches about Italy
- using witchcraft and wizardry to force people to vote for Fascism
- He was so attractive every lady in Italy voted for him and urged everyone
5. Why was there a march on Rome October 1922?
- He was a bit crazy and wanted anarchy
- Mussolini was on the verge of accepting power bu told to hold out for more
- He wanted a civil war against the monarchy
- He didn't like the art in Rome so he wanted to smash it up