1. What is the structure of "Music For A While"?
- Ternary form
- Binary form
- Rondo form
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an appoggiatura?
- A leaning in note (like a ghost or grace note)
- A fast trill
- The note is played at the same time as the subdominant in the bass register
3. Describe the word painting on the lyric "Pleas'd"
- The perfect cadence resolves the section
- The lighter texture and key change to D# makes the piece seem lighter and more pleasing
4. Describe the vocal melody
- Mixture of melisma and syllabic word setting
- Entirely syllabic word setting
- Entirely melismatic word setting
- Almost entirely melismatic but with syllabic moments
5. What is the reason for the ground bass playing chromatic notes?
- To complete the chords, which makes the piece sound resonant and full
- Tonal ambiguity, which is unsettling
- To match the tonality of the voice