1. What is the smallest unit of an actin filament?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Troponin binds to the tropomyosin?
- Troponin T
- Troponin I
- Troponin C
3. What is the function of calmodulin?
- To prevent Ca2+ from diffusing out of the sarcoplasmic reticulum
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in smooth muscle, activating cross-bridge formation
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in smooth muscle, activating Myosin Kinase
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in cardiac muscle
4. What membrane surrounds each individual muscle fibre?
5. What is the A-band?
- The dark zone seen on histological specimens
- The light zones seen on histological specimens
- The dark striations seen on histological specimens
- The light stripe in the centre of a sarcomere