1. What are the dark striations that appear on histological slides?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the most basic contractile unit of a muscle?
- Muscle fibre
3. What is the function of calmodulin?
- To prevent Ca2+ from diffusing out of the sarcoplasmic reticulum
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in smooth muscle, activating Myosin Kinase
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in cardiac muscle
- To bind to Ca2+ ions in smooth muscle, activating cross-bridge formation
4. Which muscle type has the least developed sarcoplasmic reticulum?
- Striated muscle
- Smooth muscle
- Cardiac muscle
5. What is the effect of speeding up the rate of conduction in heart tissue?