1. What effect does the sympathetic nervous system have on cardiac muscle?
- Increases amplitude of action potentials
- Increases contractility
- Decreases contractility
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of calsequestrin?
- Prevents Calcium ions from leaving the sarcoplasmic reticulum
- To bind myosin heads to actin filaments
- To move Calcium ions out of the sarcoplasmic reticulum
- To move Calcium ions into the sarcoplasmic reticulum
3. What is the I-band?
- Area of thick myosin filaments and thin actin filaments
- Area of thin actin filaments
- Area of thick myosin filaments
4. Which muscle type relies on Calcium-induced-Calcium release?
- Striated muscle
- Cardiac muscle
- Smooth muscle
5. What is the function of myosin light chain kinase?
- Phosphorylation of myosin light filament
- To move calcium ions out of the sarcoplasm
- To remove the phosphate group from the myosin light filament