1. The participants of the 1966 study were then asked to recall the words either immediately or 20 minutes later, what did they find?
- They could not conclude anything useful because the participants forgot all words in all three conditions
- When participants recalled immediately they forgot everything, but when they recalled 20 minutes later they remembered more semantically similar words
- When participants recalled immediately they made the most mistakes with acoustically similar words, whereas after 20 minutes most mistakes were made with the semantically similar words.
- When participants recalled immediately they remembered almost everything but mostly the semantically similar words, when recalling 20 minutes after participants remember more acoustically similar words
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the capacity of the STM store and how can it be improved?
- 7+/-2 and rehearsal
- 9 and it cannot be improved
- 7+/-2, chunking and rehearsal
- 6+/-1, chunking and rehearsal
3. Miller (1956) published a famous paper about the STM called 'The Magical Number _____'
4. Who produced the Multi-store model of memory?
- Miller (1956)
- Atkinson & Shiffrin (1968)
- Peterson & Peterson (1959)
- Baddeley (1966)
5. Although the LTM can store information in many ways, it is mostly stored _____/_____