1. In the 1966 experiment there were three conditions, acoustically similar words, semantically similar words and _______ words
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Because the sensory register is unconcious, Sperling (1990) conducted some experiments and found what?
- That the sensory register can hold a maximum of ten items
- That the sensory register can hold at least nine items
- That the sensory register can only hold 3 items
- That the sensory register can hold up to 20 items
3. What is chunking?
- Saying the information out loud
- Grouping up lots of different words e.g biology,chemistry,physics would go to biologychemistryphysics
- Putting information into meaningful wholes e.g BBCITVC4HDMI would be 'chunked' into BBC,ITV,C4,HDMI.
- Repeating the information over and over again
4. The Multi-store Model of Memory has been criticised of over-simplification, what model builds on the Multi-store Memory Model to make it more detailed?
- The Working Memory Model (Baddeley & Hitch 1974)
- The Memory Cloud Model (Miller 1969)
- The Levels of Processing (Craik & Lockheart 1972)
5. Although the LTM can store information in many ways, it is mostly stored _____/_____