1. What is the capacity and duration of the sensory register?
- large capacity, very short duration (half a second)
- small capacity, long duration (one minute)
- large capacity, moderate duration (half a minute)
- small capacity, short duration (5 seconds)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the capacity and duration of the LTM?
- Huge capacity, long duration (minutes-lifetime)
- Huge capacity, short duration (2 seconds)
- Small capacity, long duration (10 minutes approx)
- Moderate capacity, short duration (18 seconds)
3. What is chunking?
- Saying the information out loud
- Putting information into meaningful wholes e.g BBCITVC4HDMI would be 'chunked' into BBC,ITV,C4,HDMI.
- Repeating the information over and over again
- Grouping up lots of different words e.g biology,chemistry,physics would go to biologychemistryphysics
4. What does rehearsal do in the STM?
- It helps to keep information in the STM or to transfer information into the LTM for indefinite storage.
- It holds information in the STM forever
- It causes a loss of memory
- It helps to transfer information into the LTM where it can be stored for a short amount of time
5. But this study had ________
- low generalisability
- low ecological validity
- researcher bias