1. But this study had ________
- low ecological validity
- researcher bias
- low generalisability
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is chunking?
- Putting information into meaningful wholes e.g BBCITVC4HDMI would be 'chunked' into BBC,ITV,C4,HDMI.
- Saying the information out loud
- Grouping up lots of different words e.g biology,chemistry,physics would go to biologychemistryphysics
- Repeating the information over and over again
3. What was Murdock's 1962 study, studying?
- The primary/recency effect
4. Miller (1956) published a famous paper about the STM called 'The Magical Number _____'
5. What do the results of the 1966 study mean?
- That information in both the STM and LTM is stored in a hierarchical way
- That information in the STM is encoded acoustically which makes it difficult to remember similar sounding words and that information in the LTM is encoded semantically which makes it difficult to remember similar meaning words
- That information in the STM is encoded semantically because they remembered more semantically similar words, information in the LTM is encoded acoustically because they remembered more acoustically similar words.