1. What is the capacity of short term memory?
- A fraction
- 7+/-2 items
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is information encoded into long term memory?
3. What is the FIFO principle?
- Information is paid attention to
- Information is passed into the next memory store
- Information is not encoded and is lost so new information takes its place
- Information is retrieved from a memory store
4. What happens when information is left unattended
- It is forgotten
- It is passed into long term memory
- It stays in the memory store
- It is encoded
5. What is the duration of short term memory
- A lifetime
- A fraction of a second
- 15-20 seconds
- A few minutes