1. Action potentials fired by 1a muscle spindle fibres increases when?
- The muscle spindle fibre is being stretched
- As the length of the muscle spindle fibre increases
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is false when considering lateral descending motor pathways?
- The terminations are focused on contralateral lateral interneurones and motorneurones
- They descend in the contralateral lateral funiculus
- They have a greater effect on extensors than flexors
- They control muscle groups in the limbs, mainly the distal parts
- They have a function in fine, independent dexterity
3. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
4. Muscle spindles (a type of stretch receptor) recieve motor supply from...?
- Gamma motorneurones
- Delta motorneurones
- Alpha motorneurones
- Beta motorneurones
5. The stretch reflex is a?
- Postural reflex
- Protective reflex