1. Action potentials fired by 1a muscle spindle fibres increases when?
- The muscle spindle fibre is being stretched
- As the length of the muscle spindle fibre increases
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
3. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
4. Which of these is false when considering lateral descending motor pathways?
- They have a greater effect on extensors than flexors
- They descend in the contralateral lateral funiculus
- The terminations are focused on contralateral lateral interneurones and motorneurones
- They have a function in fine, independent dexterity
- They control muscle groups in the limbs, mainly the distal parts
5. Which of these is not a way in which motor units can be activated?
- Descending motor pathways
- Cranial nerve reflexes
- Spinal nerve reflexes