1. Which of these is false when considering medial descending motor pathways?
- They descend in the ventral funiculus
- The terminations of this system are bilateral and widely dispersed
- The control muscles groups in the neck, trunk and proximal limbs
- The main origin is the primary motor cortex
- They have an anti-gravity function
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a way in which motor units can be activated?
- Descending motor pathways
- Cranial nerve reflexes
- Spinal nerve reflexes
3. Do type I motor units exhibit fast or slow responses?
4. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
5. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units