1. Action potentials fired by 1a muscle spindle fibres increases when?
- The muscle spindle fibre is being stretched
- As the length of the muscle spindle fibre increases
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
3. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
4. Which of these is not a way in which muscle force can be modulated?
- Size Principle
- Lateral Excitation
- Frequency Modulation
5. Rhythmic movements, such as locomotion or chewing, are produced by?
- Descending motor pathways
- All three
- Cranial nerve and spinal nerve reflexes
- Central pattern generators (CPGs)