1. Which of these is false when considering medial descending motor pathways?
- The main origin is the primary motor cortex
- They descend in the ventral funiculus
- They have an anti-gravity function
- The control muscles groups in the neck, trunk and proximal limbs
- The terminations of this system are bilateral and widely dispersed
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The stretch reflex is a?
- Postural reflex
- Protective reflex
3. Action potentials fired by 1a muscle spindle fibres increases when?
- The muscle spindle fibre is being stretched
- As the length of the muscle spindle fibre increases
4. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
5. Rhythmic movements, such as locomotion or chewing, are produced by?
- Descending motor pathways
- Central pattern generators (CPGs)
- All three
- Cranial nerve and spinal nerve reflexes