1. The amount of type 1 and type 2 motor units varies in a muscle dependent upon...?
- The size of the muscle
- The function of the muscle
- Nothing - muscles only contain one type of motor unit
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is false when considering medial descending motor pathways?
- The control muscles groups in the neck, trunk and proximal limbs
- They descend in the ventral funiculus
- The terminations of this system are bilateral and widely dispersed
- The main origin is the primary motor cortex
- They have an anti-gravity function
3. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
4. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
5. Which of these is not a way in which motor units can be activated?
- Spinal nerve reflexes
- Descending motor pathways
- Cranial nerve reflexes