1. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To alter the strength of reflexes
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a way in which muscle force can be modulated?
- Lateral Excitation
- Frequency Modulation
- Size Principle
3. Action potentials fired by 1a muscle spindle fibres increases when?
- The muscle spindle fibre is being stretched
- As the length of the muscle spindle fibre increases
4. Which of these is false when considering lateral descending motor pathways?
- The terminations are focused on contralateral lateral interneurones and motorneurones
- They have a function in fine, independent dexterity
- They have a greater effect on extensors than flexors
- They descend in the contralateral lateral funiculus
- They control muscle groups in the limbs, mainly the distal parts
5. Which of these is false when considering medial descending motor pathways?
- The terminations of this system are bilateral and widely dispersed
- They have an anti-gravity function
- The main origin is the primary motor cortex
- They descend in the ventral funiculus
- The control muscles groups in the neck, trunk and proximal limbs