1. The stretch reflex is a?
- Postural reflex
- Protective reflex
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Muscle spindles (a type of stretch receptor) recieve motor supply from...?
- Gamma motorneurones
- Alpha motorneurones
- Beta motorneurones
- Delta motorneurones
3. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
4. Which of these is false when considering lateral descending motor pathways?
- They descend in the contralateral lateral funiculus
- The terminations are focused on contralateral lateral interneurones and motorneurones
- They control muscle groups in the limbs, mainly the distal parts
- They have a greater effect on extensors than flexors
- They have a function in fine, independent dexterity
5. Which of these is false when considering medial descending motor pathways?
- The control muscles groups in the neck, trunk and proximal limbs
- The terminations of this system are bilateral and widely dispersed
- The main origin is the primary motor cortex
- They descend in the ventral funiculus
- They have an anti-gravity function