1. Which of these is not a way in which muscle force can be modulated?
- Size Principle
- Lateral Excitation
- Frequency Modulation
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a function of the descending motor pathways?
- To transmit sensory information to the cerebral cortex
- To activate motor units
- To alter the strength of reflexes
3. Which of these is false when considering lateral descending motor pathways?
- They have a greater effect on extensors than flexors
- The terminations are focused on contralateral lateral interneurones and motorneurones
- They control muscle groups in the limbs, mainly the distal parts
- They have a function in fine, independent dexterity
- They descend in the contralateral lateral funiculus
4. A stroke affecting the medial descending motor pathways will have?
- Little effect because the pathways have bilateral terminations
- A large effect because the terminations are contralateral
5. Rhythmic movements, such as locomotion or chewing, are produced by?
- Central pattern generators (CPGs)
- All three
- Descending motor pathways
- Cranial nerve and spinal nerve reflexes