1. What is a transect?
- A line taken across a habitat using a long rope or tape measure and take samples along the line.
- Square frame used to define the size of the sample area
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the best techinique for catching insects ?
- Pitfall trap
- Sweep netting
- Collecting from trees
3. When sampling a football sized area of land how many samples should you take?
4. The number of species present in a habitat ?
- Species Richness
- Simpsons diversity index
5. What is a tulgreen funnel used for?
- Collect small insects in leaf litter
- Collect small insects in water
- Collect small insects in a fox's den.
Similar Biology resources: