1. What is a transect?
- A line taken across a habitat using a long rope or tape measure and take samples along the line.
- Square frame used to define the size of the sample area
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the problem with animals when sampling them in their habitat?
- They don't like you
- They move
- There's too many of them
3. What type of light does a light trap use?
- Infra Red
4. What is a disadvantage of collecting samples from trees ?
- It has to be completed very quick to be able to identify and count them.
- It disturbs the animals
5. The number of species present in a habitat ?
- Species Richness
- Simpsons diversity index
Similar Biology resources: