1. What is a quadrat?
- Square frame used to define the size of the sample area
- A line taken across the habitat using a long rope or tape measure and take samples along the line.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the problem with animals when sampling them in their habitat?
- They move
- There's too many of them
- They don't like you
3. What is the definition of a species?
- The variety of life- the range of living organisms to be found.
- A group of individual organisms very similar in appearance,anatomy,physiology and genetics whose members are able to interbreed freely to product fertile offspring.
- The place where an organism lives.
4. What is the best techinique for catching insects ?
- Pitfall trap
- Sweep netting
- Collecting from trees
5. When sampling a football sized area of land how many samples should you take?
Similar Biology resources: