1. Atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and stroked are caused by what chemicals ?
- Nicotine and Carbon monoxide
- Nicotine and Carbon dioxide
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. The build of atheromas in the endothelium of the arteries causes what?
3. What does tar (found in cigarettes) do long term ?
- Cause lung cancer
- Block the bronchioles
- Destroy Cilia
4. What is another effect of nicotine?
- Damages the lining of arteries
- Causes platelets to become sticky
- Combines with haemoglobin
5. Why is nicotine a bad chemical in cigarettes?
- It causes addiction
- Causes people to feel tired
- Causes people to put on weight
Similar Biology resources: