1. What is the disease called when elasticity is lost in the alveoli?
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Lung cancer
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does nicotine act/ mimic in the body ?
- The action of red blood cells
- The action of transmitter substances at the synapses between nerves ?
- The action of white blood cells
3. What does tar (found in cigarettes) do long term ?
- Destroy Cilia
- Cause lung cancer
- Block the bronchioles
4. What is another effect of nicotine?
- Damages the lining of arteries
- Causes platelets to become sticky
- Combines with haemoglobin
5. The build of atheromas in the endothelium of the arteries causes what?
Similar Biology resources: