1. What is AM?
- The opposite of PM
- When a high frequency wave's amplitude is cut by a signal wave.
- When a high frequency carrier wave has a proportional amplitude voltage dependent on a signal.
- When the amplitude of the signal is changed by a high frequency carrier wave.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does a multiplexer do in FM?
- Allows the ramp generator to produce a triangle wave.
- Lets you chose which signal to transmit.
- Lets the schmitt trigger produce a square wave.
- Lets the schmitt trigger produce a triangle wave.
3. What are the disadvantages of using digital signals to transmit signals?
- Digital signals are hard too transmit
- Slow and limited data transfer
- Too big and expensive to make
- Easily affected by noise
4. How is frequency changed in FM?
- The signal voltage determines the ramp generator rate, which controls the schmitt trigger
- An external switch.
- The resistor values in the schmitt trigger and ramp generator.
- The signal frequency determines the ramp rate, which controls the schmitt trigger.
5. What does a diode detector do in demodulation?
- Outputs a D.C. voltage that follows the signal peak value.
- Creates a steady signal.
- Stops current flowing back into the rectifier.
- Biases the signal so that the MOSFET can receive all of it.