1. What is the coding, capacity and duration of STM in the multi-store model?
- Acoustic, 18-30 seconds and around 5 to 9 items
- Acoustic, unlimited and unlimited
- Semantic, unlimited and unlimited
- Semantic, 18-30 seconds and around 5 to 9 items
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. A limitation of the multi-store model is that there are two types of rehearsal, what did Craik and Watkins find these two types to be?
- Consolidating rehearsal and elaborative rehearsal
- Maintenance rehearsal and Elaborative rehearsal
- Maintenance rehearsal and immediate rehearsal
3. What did research into KF show?
- That there must be more than one type of short term memory
- That there is only one type of short term memory
- That there are hundreds of different types of short term memory
4. Who devised the multi-store model of memory?
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
- Baddeley and Hitch
5. What are the main stores in the sensory register in the multi-store model?
- Iconic memory and echoic memory
- Spatial memory and iconic memory
- Spatial memory and echoic memory
- Iconic memory and spatial memory