1. Which process produces cells with a different number of chromosomes compared to the parent cell?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the ploidy of the daughter cells in meiosis and mitosis?
- Both diploid
- Meiosis = haploid. Mitosis = diploid.
- Meiosis = diploid. Mitosis = haploid
3. Which process produces daughter cells that are genetically identical?
4. Which process produces gametes, and what do these allow for?
- Meiosis, this allows for sexual reproduction to take place.
- Meiosis, this allows the ploidy of the cell to be restored.
- Mitosis, this allows for the production of a large number of identical offspring.
5. Which process involves chiasmata, crossing over and independent assortment?
Similar Biology resources: