1. MITCH - What repairs did they make?
- Repairs to shelters, supermarkets, roads, schools and clinics - created jobs
- Repairs to schools, homes, infrastructure, clinics - created jobs
- Gave money to public to make their own repairs
- Repairs to hospitals, apartment blocks, bridges, etc - created jobs
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Hurricane Mitch make landfall?
- 7 January
- 29 Oct
- 1 May
- 30 Nov
3. MITCH- How did they fund immediate emergency supplies?
- They made the supplies
- Emergency aid from multinationally - NGO's and governments
- From the monkeys
- Government funded
4. What is the difference between hurricanes in HICs and LICs
- Shelters, food and medicine needed in LICs but not in HICs
- better technology, money and resources means wide spread evacuation, satellite imagery, no need for international aid, temporary accomodation
- LICs don't receive international aid, rely on their own government
- No difference
5. Which countries did Mitch affect?
- Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Florida
- Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala
- El Salvador, Nicaragua, Belize, Panama
- USA, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala