1. What is the difference between hurricanes in HICs and LICs
- Shelters, food and medicine needed in LICs but not in HICs
- No difference
- better technology, money and resources means wide spread evacuation, satellite imagery, no need for international aid, temporary accomodation
- LICs don't receive international aid, rely on their own government
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. FLOYD - In how many states was there flooding?
3. Which countries did Mitch affect?
- Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Florida
- Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala
- El Salvador, Nicaragua, Belize, Panama
- USA, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala
4. MITCH- How did they fund immediate emergency supplies?
- They made the supplies
- Emergency aid from multinationally - NGO's and governments
- From the monkeys
- Government funded
5. FLOYD - How many people killed?
- over 70 - highest death toll in the USA since 1972