1. What does Maurice Wiles believe?
- He accepts miracles because they're in the Bible
- He accepts miracles on moral grounds
- He rejects miracles on moral grounds
- He rejects miracles because the people were drunk
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What two ways are cited to defend miracles?
- Defending them wholly
- Defending them on theological grounds and defending them scientifically
- Defending them as symbolic stories and defending literal belief in miracles
- Rejecting them on theological grounds and defending them scientifically
3. How is God described by Wiles?
- Arbitrary and stupid
- Arbitrary and partisan
- Partisan and disillusioned
- Stupid and silly
4. Miracles are divided into what 3 sections?
- Healings, exorcisms and nature miracles
- Conversions, exorcisms and healings
- Visions, voices and healings
- Exorcisms, levitating, resurrection
5. What 3 things does Hume use to argue against miracles?
- Being over 18, owning a cat, being drunk
- Different traditions, insufficient evidence, human testimony
- Human testimony, different traditions, owning a cat
- Insufficient evidence, the person being a woman, different traditions