1. Why do we need individuals?
- 'without them, human life would become a stagnant pool'
- 'to fight the tyranny of the majority'
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where can tyranny of the majority be found, other than in law?
- in 'prevailing opinion and feeling'
- in published work and custom
3. Where does Mill say 'there is no such thing as absolute certainty'?
4. Why is individuality important to society?
- it is 'quite the chief ingredient of individual and social progress'
- we need odd people to challenge custom
5. Where does Mill say 'everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit'?