1. What is resolution?
- How many times the image has been enlarged
- The ability to distinguish between two separate points
- How many pixels the image has
- The clarity of the image
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. An advantage of the light microscope is that...
- It is portable
- Most internal cellular structures can be seen
- It enables observation of a wide range of specimens
- It has a very high resolution
3. How can the magnification of an object be calculated?
- size of image/ size of object
- size of image/ resolution
- size of object/size of image
- resolution/ size of object
4. Stains are used to....
- To fix the cells
- To make the cells blue
- Make different parts of the specimen stand more clearly
- To kill the cells
5. Why must the specimen must be very thin when using a light microscope?
- To allow us to see through the specimen with our naked eye
- So its easy to place in the microscope
- To enable the light to travel through the cells
- So the light can reflect off the specimen