1. Disadvantages of part practice are that
- it is time consuming, transfer back to whole is difficult and kinaesthesis is lost
- performer may be motivated by being good at some elements and gain confidence
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are some advantages of whole practice?
- Skills are learnt quickly, parts of the skill are practiced in the right order, kinaesthesis is developed
- Perceptual load is reduced, it is less dangerous, you can focus on particular elements
3. How does progressive part practice reduce danger?
- There is a focus on specific elements
- It reduces perceptual load and decisions
- It is time consuming so people are performing slower
4. A tennis serve may use
- whole-part-whole practice
- progressive part practice
- whole practice
5. Part practice is when skills are broken down into parts, parts of practiced and perfected in isolation and then the skill is put back together again. What sort of skill would be practiced using part practice?
- high organisation
- low organisation
Similar Physical Education resources: