1. Phytomining and bioleaching are.. than smelting?
- Less dangerous
- Less environmentally friendly
- More environmentally friendly
- As environmentally friendly
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can the copper be purifed?
- By electrolysis
- By reduction of carbon
- By reduction by iron
- Through heating
3. Which of the following is NOT a step of phytomining?
- Plants used to break the bonds of the copper compound and make a leachate solution
- Plants absorb metal compounds
- Plants are buried to produce ash
- The ash is dissolved in sulphuric acid to make a solution
4. Why are alloys stronger than pure metals?
- The metals are different sizes and therefore the layers cannot slide over each other
- Some metals in the alloy are stonger than others compared to a pure metal
- A pure metal is unreactive
- Alloys are less dense compared to pure metals
5. Pure copper, gold, iron, aluminium are too soft, what are these metals mixed with to make them harder?
- Small amounts of similar metals
- Bigger amounts of a range of metals
- Bigger amounts of similar metals
- Small amounts of a range of metals