1. What is the defintion of an alloy?
- A mixture of metals
- The breakdown of a substance using heat
- The incomplete breakdown of a carbon
- A mixture of carbon and iron
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why copper is good for electrical wiring and plumbing?
- It does not react with water
- It is cheap
- It can be bent but is hard enough to make pipes or tanks
- It is a good conductor of heat and electricity
3. What percentage of iron do Iron from the blast furnace contain?
4. What must happen to ores before the metal is extracted and purified?
- The ore must be mined and concentrated
- The ore must be put in a catalyst
- The ore must have more metals added to it
- The ore must become less dense
5. Pure copper, gold, iron, aluminium are too soft, what are these metals mixed with to make them harder?
- Small amounts of a range of metals
- Small amounts of similar metals
- Bigger amounts of similar metals
- Bigger amounts of a range of metals