1. Which of the following is NOT a property of transition metals?
- Useful as structural materials and for making things that let heat or electricity pass through
- Good conductors of heat
- Good insulators
- Can be bent or hammered into shape
- Good conductors of electricity
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the definition of an ore?
- An ore is an unreactive metal
- An ore is a mixture of metals
- An ore contains enough metal to make it economic to extract the metal
- An ore is the product of a reaction
3. During electrolysis the positive metal ions move towards the negative electrode. Why does this happen?
- Because opposite charges attract
- Due to the negative sea of electrons
- Because of the delocalised electrons
- Due to photosynthesis
4. Copper can be extracted from copper-rich ores by heating the ores in a furnace this is also known as?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why aluminium and titanium are useful metals
- They are resistant to corrosion
- They are expensive
- They have low density