1. Why are alloys stronger than pure metals?
- Alloys are less dense compared to pure metals
- Some metals in the alloy are stonger than others compared to a pure metal
- The metals are different sizes and therefore the layers cannot slide over each other
- A pure metal is unreactive
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can be obtained from solutions of copper salts by electrolysis or by displacement using scrap iron?
3. What is a specific property of stainless steels?
- They are easy to bend
- They are soft
- They are resistant to corrosion
- They are hard
4. What is the defintion of an alloy?
- A mixture of carbon and iron
- A mixture of metals
- The incomplete breakdown of a carbon
- The breakdown of a substance using heat
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why we should recycle metals
- Expensive since they cannot conduct electricity
- Extracting them uses limited resources
- Expensive in terms energy
- Expensive in terms of the effects on the enviroment