1. What makes iron brittle?
- Being to rigid
- Being too soft
- Being too hard
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Pure copper, gold, iron, aluminium are too soft, what are these metals mixed with to make them harder?
- Bigger amounts of a range of metals
- Small amounts of similar metals
- Small amounts of a range of metals
- Bigger amounts of similar metals
3. What is a specfic property of high carbon steels?
- They are resistant to corrosion
- They are hard
- They are easily shaped
- They are soft
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why copper is good for electrical wiring and plumbing?
- It does not react with water
- It is a good conductor of heat and electricity
- It is cheap
- It can be bent but is hard enough to make pipes or tanks
5. Why can't aluminium and titanium be extracted from their oxides by reduction with carbon?
- It's too expensive
- They are more reactive than carbon
- Large amounts of energy are needed
- There are many stages in the processes