1. Metals that are more reactive than carbon, such as aluminium are extracted by?
- Reduction by iron
- Reduction by carbon
- Reduction by oxygen
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is NOT a property of transition metals?
- Can be bent or hammered into shape
- Good conductors of heat
- Good insulators
- Good conductors of electricity
- Useful as structural materials and for making things that let heat or electricity pass through
3. What must happen to ores before the metal is extracted and purified?
- The ore must be mined and concentrated
- The ore must be put in a catalyst
- The ore must have more metals added to it
- The ore must become less dense
4. Metals that are less reactive than carbon can be extracted from their oxides by?
- Reduction with carbon
- Reduction with oxygen
5. What is a specfic property of high carbon steels?
- They are easily shaped
- They are resistant to corrosion
- They are hard
- They are soft