1. Metals that are less reactive than carbon can be extracted from their oxides by?
- Reduction with carbon
- Reduction with oxygen
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the definition of an ore?
- An ore is the product of a reaction
- An ore is an unreactive metal
- An ore contains enough metal to make it economic to extract the metal
- An ore is a mixture of metals
3. Copper can be extracted from copper-rich ores by heating the ores in a furnace this is also known as?
4. Which of the following is NOT a property of transition metals?
- Useful as structural materials and for making things that let heat or electricity pass through
- Can be bent or hammered into shape
- Good conductors of heat
- Good insulators
- Good conductors of electricity
5. What must happen to ores before the metal is extracted and purified?
- The ore must be put in a catalyst
- The ore must have more metals added to it
- The ore must be mined and concentrated
- The ore must become less dense