1. What is a weakness of the WMM?
- Explains how mental maths' processing and calculating at the same time is possible
- Hard to falsify as may discrepancies can be explained away
- It has been very influential
- Baddeley et al's word length effect and pointer with F study
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is the best method of mnemonics?
- Peg-word method
- Method of Loci
- Sentences that mean words
3. Who came up with the multi-store memory model?
- Peterson and peterson
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
- Money and Erhard
- Baddeley and Hitch
4. Weaknesses of the multi-store model?
- Doesn't explain why revision is impossible
- Rote rehearsal is not the only way of remembering things
- Explains why we can remember the most recent and last of a list
- Explains why people with brain damage can remember past evens while not laying down new memories
5. What is some evidence for the WMM?
- Robins et al: memorizing chess while generating random letters or saying 'the' in time with a metronome.
- Richardson finds it hard to falsify, hard to test it's validity
- Glanzer and Kunitz : Ps immediate recall or delayed recall
- Bahrick et al : Yearbook photos
Similar Psychology resources: