1. What was the aim of Peterson and Peterson study investigating the multi-store explanation of memory?
- To see if the level at which information is processed has an effect on a person's memory
- To see if rehearsal was necessary to hold information in the short term memory.
- To provide support for the multi-store explaination of memory
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the duration of the sensory memory store?
- Less than a minute
- Less than a second
3. What are the levels of processing?
- Short term and long term
- Structural, phonetic and semantic
- Deep and shallow
4. Which psychologists put forward the idea of the multi-store model of memory?
- Atkinson and Shiffrin
- Peterson and Peterson
5. Two evaluations about Murdock's study investigating the multi-store explaination of memory are...
- It was ethical as it had no potential harm, and it was a lab experiment therefore it had a high level of control.
- It had a small sample size therefore was a good representation of the general population.
- The extraneous variables weren't controlled easily as it was a lab experiment meaning results were sometimes effected and made incorrect.