1. What was Pare's discovery?
- Use of ointment (burning oil) to treat gun shot wounds. He also discovered ligature (silk thread)
- Cow pox
- Spontaneous generation
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Robert Koch made a discovery. What was it?
- Four humours
- Putting certain stains on bacteria enabled him to track them and see what disease they caused.
- Blood transfusions
3. Who were the first to record on papyrus?
4. How did Vesalius prove Galen wrong?
- Staining bacteria
- By stealing bodies, taking them apart, boiling them and putting them back together.
- Dissecting animals
5. What did Galen discover?
- The brain controlled the body, not the heart
- Surgical tools to carry out operations
Similar History resources: