1. what did physicians check?
- body shape.
- pulse,skin colour and urine (colour/taste)
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did a barber surgeon do?
- bloodletting,amputating limbs, pulling out teeth,lancing boils.
- dealt with childbirth and common illnesses.
- just cut hair.
- cared for the elderly and poor.
3. how is an apothecary different to a physician?
- they were considered witches.
- they receive training but no medical qualifications.
- they were part of the church.
- they are women.
4. who was the housewife physician?
- a woman who had gone to university.
- the lord of the manor.
- a village 'wise woman' or lady of the manor.
- any woman in the village.
5. where did the four humours originate?
- Renaissance times
- Roman times
- Ancient Greek times
- Medieval times