1. what did the church discourage?
- learning at universities
- practical research
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did physicians check?
- pulse,skin colour and urine (colour/taste)
- body shape.
3. who was the housewife physician?
- a village 'wise woman' or lady of the manor.
- any woman in the village.
- a woman who had gone to university.
- the lord of the manor.
4. how did physicians try to restore the balance of one's humours?
- lucky charms.
- bleeding, purging or the theory of opposites.
- ointments made from plants,spices,minerals and herbs.
- going on pilgrimages.
5. what did a barber surgeon do?
- cared for the elderly and poor.
- bloodletting,amputating limbs, pulling out teeth,lancing boils.
- just cut hair.
- dealt with childbirth and common illnesses.