1. how is an apothecary different to a physician?
- they were considered witches.
- they receive training but no medical qualifications.
- they were part of the church.
- they are women.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. how did physicians try to restore the balance of one's humours?
- lucky charms.
- bleeding, purging or the theory of opposites.
- ointments made from plants,spices,minerals and herbs.
- going on pilgrimages.
3. what did physicians check?
- pulse,skin colour and urine (colour/taste)
- body shape.
4. what did people believe about illness in the 12th century?
- they were poisened
- God made them ill because he was displeased or tested them.
- their was a scientific explanation
- something was wrong in their bodies
5. what did a barber surgeon do?
- dealt with childbirth and common illnesses.
- bloodletting,amputating limbs, pulling out teeth,lancing boils.
- cared for the elderly and poor.
- just cut hair.