1. how is an apothecary different to a physician?
- they receive training but no medical qualifications.
- they are women.
- they were part of the church.
- they were considered witches.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did a barber surgeon do?
- bloodletting,amputating limbs, pulling out teeth,lancing boils.
- just cut hair.
- cared for the elderly and poor.
- dealt with childbirth and common illnesses.
3. what did the monks and nuns use to run hospitals?
- the money payed by the patients.
- church donations.
- government money.
- public donations.
4. what did the church discourage?
- learning at universities
- practical research
5. what did people believe about illness in the 12th century?
- God made them ill because he was displeased or tested them.
- they were poisened
- something was wrong in their bodies
- their was a scientific explanation