1. what did a barber surgeon do?
- cared for the elderly and poor.
- dealt with childbirth and common illnesses.
- bloodletting,amputating limbs, pulling out teeth,lancing boils.
- just cut hair.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. where did the four humours originate?
- Ancient Greek times
- Roman times
- Medieval times
- Renaissance times
3. who was the housewife physician?
- a woman who had gone to university.
- the lord of the manor.
- a village 'wise woman' or lady of the manor.
- any woman in the village.
4. how is an apothecary different to a physician?
- they were considered witches.
- they are women.
- they receive training but no medical qualifications.
- they were part of the church.
5. what did people believe about illness in the 12th century?
- their was a scientific explanation
- they were poisened
- God made them ill because he was displeased or tested them.
- something was wrong in their bodies