1. what did people believe about illness in the 12th century?
- their was a scientific explanation
- God made them ill because he was displeased or tested them.
- something was wrong in their bodies
- they were poisened
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. who was the housewife physician?
- a woman who had gone to university.
- the lord of the manor.
- a village 'wise woman' or lady of the manor.
- any woman in the village.
3. what did the monks and nuns use to run hospitals?
- public donations.
- government money.
- church donations.
- the money payed by the patients.
4. what did physicians check?
- pulse,skin colour and urine (colour/taste)
- body shape.
5. what did the church discourage?
- practical research
- learning at universities