1. What is a placebo?
- A substance used in clinical trials which doesn't contain any drug.
- A substance used in clinics in place of dangerous microorganisms.
- A substance which smells like one thing and tastes like another.
- A bacterial infection.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are anabolic steroids?
- Drugs which slow down the heart rate.
- Drugs that help to build up muscle mass.
- Drugs that stimulate the body to make more red blood cells.
- Drugs which help to ignore pain.
3. What do recreational drugs affect?
- The way plants photosynthesise.
- The way your digestive system works.
- The way your nervous system works.
- The way your reproductive system works.
4. Thalidomide was originally developed as a sleeping pill.
5. How much does using cannabis before you are 15 appear to increase your risk of developing serious mental illness?
- Fourteen times
- Five times
- Four times
- Three times