1. How does fMRI monitor oxygen uptake in the brain?
- deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs radio waves so active parts light up
- deoxyhaemoglobin reflects the radio waves so unactive part lights up
- oxyhaemoglobin absorbs radiation so active parts light up
- parts of the brain with large water content swell up
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which produces the most detailed picture of the body?
- MRI scan
- CT scan
3. MRI scans use magnetic fields to create and image, true or false?
4. Which is NOT a drawback of CT?
- identifies the major tissues
- less detailed picture
- uses x-rays
5. What can be used to make the tissue more visible during a CT scan?
- a dark room