1. Which is NOT a drawback of MRI?
- removes risk of x-rays
- its noisy
- only gives a historical picture
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does fMRI enable?
- watching areas of the brain in action
- healing of the brain without surgery
- quicker scanning than MRI
3. How does fMRI monitor oxygen uptake in the brain?
- deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs radio waves so active parts light up
- parts of the brain with large water content swell up
- deoxyhaemoglobin reflects the radio waves so unactive part lights up
- oxyhaemoglobin absorbs radiation so active parts light up
4. What are CT scans used for?
- recovering from surgery
- analysis of soft tissues
- looking for broken bones
5. What can be used to make the tissue more visible during a CT scan?
- a dark room