1. A CT scan uses tiny x-rays, true or false?
- false - magnetic rays are used instead
- true - they are reduced in strength by density of the tissue they pass through and then detected to form a picture
- false - no x-rays are used, it is a camera
- true - they are reflected by tissue according to its colour and detected to form a picture
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. MRI scans use magnetic fields to create and image, true or false?
3. What can be used to make the tissue more visible during a CT scan?
- a dark room
4. Which is NOT a drawback of CT?
- uses x-rays
- identifies the major tissues
- less detailed picture
5. How does fMRI monitor oxygen uptake in the brain?
- oxyhaemoglobin absorbs radiation so active parts light up
- deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs radio waves so active parts light up
- deoxyhaemoglobin reflects the radio waves so unactive part lights up
- parts of the brain with large water content swell up
Similar Biology resources: