1. What can be used to make the tissue more visible during a CT scan?
- a dark room
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a drawback of MRI?
- only gives a historical picture
- removes risk of x-rays
- its noisy
3. Which is NOT a drawback of CT?
- identifies the major tissues
- less detailed picture
- uses x-rays
4. How does fMRI monitor oxygen uptake in the brain?
- deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs radio waves so active parts light up
- parts of the brain with large water content swell up
- deoxyhaemoglobin reflects the radio waves so unactive part lights up
- oxyhaemoglobin absorbs radiation so active parts light up
5. What does fMRI enable?
- watching areas of the brain in action
- healing of the brain without surgery
- quicker scanning than MRI