1. Which is a disadvantage of fMRI?
- the person has to be completely still for accuracy in the image
- it has to be done in a pitch black room
- it only works on women
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can be used to make the tissue more visible during a CT scan?
- a dark room
3. What does fMRI enable?
- watching areas of the brain in action
- healing of the brain without surgery
- quicker scanning than MRI
4. A CT scan uses tiny x-rays, true or false?
- false - no x-rays are used, it is a camera
- false - magnetic rays are used instead
- true - they are reduced in strength by density of the tissue they pass through and then detected to form a picture
- true - they are reflected by tissue according to its colour and detected to form a picture
5. What are CT scans used for?
- recovering from surgery
- analysis of soft tissues
- looking for broken bones