1. MRI scans use magnetic fields to create and image, true or false?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a drawback of CT?
- identifies the major tissues
- less detailed picture
- uses x-rays
3. Which is NOT a drawback of MRI?
- removes risk of x-rays
- its noisy
- only gives a historical picture
4. How does fMRI monitor oxygen uptake in the brain?
- parts of the brain with large water content swell up
- deoxyhaemoglobin reflects the radio waves so unactive part lights up
- deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs radio waves so active parts light up
- oxyhaemoglobin absorbs radiation so active parts light up
5. What are CT scans used for?
- analysis of soft tissues
- looking for broken bones
- recovering from surgery
Similar Biology resources: