1. Dyer (1979) suggested which of the following about stereotyping
- It reduces the complexity and variety of a group to a few characteristics
- that not all elements of them are false
- Women are stereotyped as passive objects
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Dyer also had a theory in which of these topics?
- Moral Panics
3. Structuralism: 'When a series of actions allow the audience to follow the details of the plot, allowing them to become absorbed in the narrative'. This is...
- Symbolic Codes
- Action codes
- Enigmatic codes
4. Structuralism: Barthes (1974) argued that narrative codes are identifiable across a range of media products.
5. According to semiotics, Sassure (1916) suggest there are three levels on which we read media products. The first level is...
- Syntactic Level
- Signalisational Level
- Cultural Level
- Symbolic Level
- Stereotypical Level
- Synaptic Level
- Representational Level