1. Medurst (1995) suggested that...
- Stereotypes are about power, with those whose are in power stereotyping those without power
- Stereotypes can be seen as a type of media shorthand so that texts can communicate information to the audience quickly
- a stereotype can be created and controlled by the identified social group
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The second level on which we read media products is...
- Syntactic Level
- Synaptic Level
- Stereotypical Level
- Cultural Level
- Signalisational Level
- Representational Level
- Symbolic Level
3. Post Colonialism is...
- Concerned with the changing representation of ethnicities in the media
- Concerned with the representation of homosexuals and how this is usually limited by the media
- Concerned with the cumulative effect of engaging with a variety of media products
4. How many issues and debates are there?
5. Structuralism: 'When a series of actions allow the audience to follow the details of the plot, allowing them to become absorbed in the narrative'. This is...
- Action codes
- Enigmatic codes
- Symbolic Codes