- an Issue and Debate concerning how ethnicities are represented
- is a perspective; recognise how a product may be interpreted differently
- a theory; suggests that a products interpretation change according to the codes present
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Structuralism 'whena plot is structured around a series of questions to maintain the audiences' interest in the product'. This is...
- Enigmatic codes
- Action codes
- Symbolic codes
3. Liberal Pluralism...
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
- Suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
4. Which theory/Issue and Debate pair is correct?
- Stacey (1994) + Reality Television
- Anderson and Dill (2000-2006) + Social-learning perspective
- Cohen (1972) Queer Theory
5. Structuralism: Barthes (1974) argued that narrative codes are identifiable across a range of media products.