1. A moral panic
- Develops in three stages
- Is not part of a theory
- Conveys representaions
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Post Colonialism is...
- Concerned with the changing representation of ethnicities in the media
- Concerned with the representation of homosexuals and how this is usually limited by the media
- Concerned with the cumulative effect of engaging with a variety of media products
3. Liberal Pluralism...
- Suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
4. Dyer also had a theory in which of these topics?
- Moral Panics
5. Structuralism 'whena plot is structured around a series of questions to maintain the audiences' interest in the product'. This is...
- Enigmatic codes
- Action codes
- Symbolic codes