1. Medurst (1995) suggested that...
- Stereotypes can be seen as a type of media shorthand so that texts can communicate information to the audience quickly
- a stereotype can be created and controlled by the identified social group
- Stereotypes are about power, with those whose are in power stereotyping those without power
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many issues and debates are there?
3. Dyer also had a theory in which of these topics?
- Moral Panics
4. Liberal Pluralism...
- suggests the idea that media products are subject to the wishes of the audience
- suggests the idea that the media manipulates the audience to prevent rebellion
- Suggests the idea that government contrainsts and concerns don't limit the inclusiveness of the media
5. The post-feminist theory, Butler (1995) argued that gender is physically rather than socially construed
- False- the opposite is true
- True- gender roles were found to be uninfluenced by the media