1. What did Meyerowitz and Chaiken (87) find?
- Message emphasising loss in regard to failure to get a breast examination was the most persuasive
- Message emphasising gain in regard to getting a breast examination was the most persuasive
- Message highlighting just the basic facts about a breast examination was the most persuasive
- Fear-instilling messages are the least persuasive
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does Bandura's Social Learning Theory relate to principally?
- Cognitive Priming
3. Which explanation of media influence on anti social behaviour states that viewing violent TV activates aggressive thoughts and memories which lead to us storing scripts of violent acts which act as a guide of how to behave?
- Hostile reasoning
- Cognitive priming
- Thought manipulation
4. Whose theory applies to TV persuasion?
- Buckley and Anderson's
5. Which model states that people who have aggressive temperaments preferentially select violent video games?
- Byron model
- Bi-directional model
- General learning model
- General aggression model
Similar Psychology resources: