1. Weber (06) found that...
- The amygdala and ACC (responsible for emotional regulation) were less active in gamers according to fMRI scans
- Children with high exposure to violent game play became more aggressive and showed less pro-social behaviour over the course of a school year compared to their peers
- We have hostile expectancy biases - people expect others to react in a more hostile way if they've just played violent video games
- Time spent playing violent video games was positively correlated with aggressive feelings and behaviour even for those with lower levels of trait hostility
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Studies with significant results i.e. where a link or effect is found, are much more likely to be printed in journals and reported. Which issue is this describing?
- Publication bias
- Low ecological validity
- Temporal bias
3. Whose research suggested that computer and video gaming might have physical benefits (through increased exercise e.g. active bowling on the Wii)?
- Anderson and Bushman
- Gentile and Anderson
4. The desensitisation explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does NOT argue that...
- Regular watchers of TV violence lose natural reactions to deter aggression
- People are less sensitive and responsive to violence the more violence that they watch
- An aggressive response comes from a misinterpretation of high arousal from watching violence as coming from the provocation
- Regular watching of TV violence decreases arousal
5. Who found a positive correlation between viewing violent TV as a child and adult aggression (as reported by a friend)?
- Huesmann (03)
- Cumberbatch (2000)
- Heymann (89)
- Phillips (83)
Similar Psychology resources: