1. Which model states that people who have aggressive temperaments preferentially select violent video games?
- Bi-directional model
- General aggression model
- General learning model
- Byron model
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Weber (06) found that...
- Children with high exposure to violent game play became more aggressive and showed less pro-social behaviour over the course of a school year compared to their peers
- We have hostile expectancy biases - people expect others to react in a more hostile way if they've just played violent video games
- The amygdala and ACC (responsible for emotional regulation) were less active in gamers according to fMRI scans
- Time spent playing violent video games was positively correlated with aggressive feelings and behaviour even for those with lower levels of trait hostility
3. Which factor will NOT aid persuasion?
- Message targeted directly at us
- An expert/celebrity source
- High quality argument
- Audio visual medium (for simple messages)
4. Greenberg (80) found...
- An equivalent number of pro-social and anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- More pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- Fewer pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- More pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any 3 hour period
5. The social modelling explanation of media influence on pro-social behaviour argues that...
- Children whose parents watch with them and help to explain and model behaviour will show more pro-social behaviour
- Children learn appropriate behaviours through vicarious reinforcement
- There is a general learning model, a continuous cycle of interaction between the environment and an individual
- We pick up pro-social behaviour from watching our peers
Similar Psychology resources: