1. The desensitisation explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does NOT argue that...
- People are less sensitive and responsive to violence the more violence that they watch
- Regular watching of TV violence decreases arousal
- An aggressive response comes from a misinterpretation of high arousal from watching violence as coming from the provocation
- Regular watchers of TV violence lose natural reactions to deter aggression
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does Bandura's Social Learning Theory relate to principally?
- Cognitive Priming
3. In Petty, Cacioppo and Goldman's study (81), persuasion for ppts using central route depended on...
- Medium of argument
- Quality of argument
- Source of argument
- Memorableness of argument
4. The social modelling explanation of media influence on pro-social behaviour argues that...
- Children whose parents watch with them and help to explain and model behaviour will show more pro-social behaviour
- We pick up pro-social behaviour from watching our peers
- Children learn appropriate behaviours through vicarious reinforcement
- There is a general learning model, a continuous cycle of interaction between the environment and an individual
5. Which model states that people who have aggressive temperaments preferentially select violent video games?
- Byron model
- General aggression model
- Bi-directional model
- General learning model
Similar Psychology resources: