1. Which model states that people who have aggressive temperaments preferentially select violent video games?
- General learning model
- Byron model
- Bi-directional model
- General aggression model
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does Bandura's Social Learning Theory relate to principally?
- Cognitive Priming
3. Whose theory applies to TV persuasion?
- Buckley and Anderson's
4. Which explanation of media influence on anti social behaviour states that viewing violent TV activates aggressive thoughts and memories which lead to us storing scripts of violent acts which act as a guide of how to behave?
- Hostile reasoning
- Thought manipulation
- Cognitive priming
5. Which of these arguments regarding explanations of media influence on anti-social behaviour refers to the idea of determinism?
- Cannot be certain that violent TV exposure causes aggressiveness or whether having an aggressive temperament makes one more likely to watch violent TV
- Assumes violent TV exposure will increase violence in real life, disregarding the role of free will
- Most of the ppts were male so the sample was unrepresentative of the population as a whole
- Each explanation e.g. behavioural (imitation) and biological (arousal) ignores other factors
Similar Psychology resources: