1. Harris (99) looked at the effects of computer playing on children and adolescents and found...
- Increases in relaxation, coordination and self esteem but also aggression, introversion and addiction
- A greater number or positive effects than negative
- Short term increases in arousal and hostile feelings after playing a violent video game
- That Tetris improves spatial and cognitive skills
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Excitation-Transfer Theory proposes that...
- Viewing violent media leads to desensitisation
- Viewing violent media reduces arousal
- Viewing violent media increases arousal
- Viewing violent media makes people less excited
3. Which explanation of media influence on anti social behaviour states that viewing violent TV activates aggressive thoughts and memories which lead to us storing scripts of violent acts which act as a guide of how to behave?
- Thought manipulation
- Cognitive priming
- Hostile reasoning
4. Who found in a meta-analysis of 230 studies that above the age of 6, the effect of pro-social content on behaviour was stronger for girls than boys?
- Mares (96)
- Hearold (86)
- Eisenburg (90)
- Sprafkin (75)
5. Greenberg (80) found...
- An equivalent number of pro-social and anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- More pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- Fewer pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any one hour period
- More pro-social than anti-social acts in popular US TV programmes in any 3 hour period
Similar Psychology resources: