1. Who found a positive correlation between viewing violent TV as a child and adult aggression (as reported by a friend)?
- Phillips (83)
- Huesmann (03)
- Heymann (89)
- Cumberbatch (2000)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found in Japanese students that pro-social game playing relates to pro-social behaviour in the long term (4 month period)?
- Gentile (09)
- Ihori et al (03)
- Sims and Mayer (02)
- Karni and Sagi (03)
3. The Excitation-Transfer Theory proposes that...
- Viewing violent media leads to desensitisation
- Viewing violent media increases arousal
- Viewing violent media makes people less excited
- Viewing violent media reduces arousal
4. Which factor will NOT aid persuasion?
- High quality argument
- Message targeted directly at us
- An expert/celebrity source
- Audio visual medium (for simple messages)
5. Weber (06) found that...
- Children with high exposure to violent game play became more aggressive and showed less pro-social behaviour over the course of a school year compared to their peers
- We have hostile expectancy biases - people expect others to react in a more hostile way if they've just played violent video games
- The amygdala and ACC (responsible for emotional regulation) were less active in gamers according to fMRI scans
- Time spent playing violent video games was positively correlated with aggressive feelings and behaviour even for those with lower levels of trait hostility
Similar Psychology resources: