1. Weber (06) found that...
- The amygdala and ACC (responsible for emotional regulation) were less active in gamers according to fMRI scans
- Children with high exposure to violent game play became more aggressive and showed less pro-social behaviour over the course of a school year compared to their peers
- We have hostile expectancy biases - people expect others to react in a more hostile way if they've just played violent video games
- Time spent playing violent video games was positively correlated with aggressive feelings and behaviour even for those with lower levels of trait hostility
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The General Aggression Model states that playing violent video games makes you more violent through influencing four factors. Which factor is not included in this model?
3. Which explanation of media influence on anti-social behaviour does Bandura's Social Learning Theory relate to principally?
- Cognitive Priming
4. High 'need for cognition' individuals are more likely to respond to what according to findings in a study by Vildrine et al (07)?
- A leaflet detailing facts about smoking
- An emotion-based campaign about smoking
- A campaign about smoking led by a celebrity source
- A radio campaign about smoking
5. Which explanation of media influence on pro-social behaviour states that pro-social acts are likely to represent established social norms and are therefore more likely to be imitated
- General Learning Model
- Social modelling
- Social norms
- Cognitive priming
Similar Psychology resources: