1. What happens to the velocity of the molecule when the temperature is doubled?
- It increases by a factor of 2 squared
- It increases by a factor of root 2
- It decreases by a factor of 2
- It increases by a factor of 2
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to the pressure when a fixed mass of gas expands to twice its original volume at a constant temperature?
- Stays the same
- increases by a factor of 4
3. What are the units of temperature, T?
4. What is the equation for the mean translational k.e of an atom in an ideal gas, E?
5. Calculate the mean translational energy of atoms in an ideal gas at 32'C