1. What happens to the pressure when a fixed mass of gas expands to twice its original volume at a constant temperature?
- Stays the same
- increases by a factor of 4
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the value of k in the mean translational k.e equation?
3. The mean translational kinetic energy of an atom of an ideal gas is.....
- none of the above
- inversely proportional to the temperature of the gas
- directly proportional to the temperature of the gas
- directly proportional to the speed of the gas
4. What happens to the temperature of the molecule when velocity is doubled?
- It increases by a factor of 4
- It doubles
- It halves
- In increases by a factor of root 2
5. A monatomic molecule only has....
- longitudinal kinetic energy
- translational kinetic energy
- one type of atom
- rotational kinetic energy