1. Calculate the mean translational energy of atoms in an ideal gas at 32'C
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to the pressure when a fixed mass of gas expands to twice its original volume at a constant temperature?
- increases by a factor of 4
- Stays the same
3. What is the equation for the mean translational k.e of an atom in an ideal gas, E?
4. What happens to the velocity of the molecule when the temperature is doubled?
- It decreases by a factor of 2
- It increases by a factor of 2 squared
- It increases by a factor of root 2
- It increases by a factor of 2
5. A diatomic molecule has....
- both translational and rotational kinetic energy
- both translational and longitudinal kinetic energy
- both rotational and longitudinal kinetic energy
- two types of atoms