1. What is the equation for the mean translational k.e of an atom in an ideal gas, E?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to the temperature of the molecule when velocity is doubled?
- In increases by a factor of root 2
- It increases by a factor of 4
- It halves
- It doubles
3. What is the value of k in the mean translational k.e equation?
4. Calculate the mean translational energy of atoms in an ideal gas at 32'C
5. A diatomic molecule has....
- two types of atoms
- both translational and longitudinal kinetic energy
- both translational and rotational kinetic energy
- both rotational and longitudinal kinetic energy