1. What is the value of k in the mean translational k.e equation?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The mean translational kinetic energy of an atom of an ideal gas is.....
- none of the above
- inversely proportional to the temperature of the gas
- directly proportional to the temperature of the gas
- directly proportional to the speed of the gas
3. Calculate the mean translational energy of atoms in an ideal gas at 32'C
4. What happens to the temperature of the molecule when velocity is doubled?
- It increases by a factor of 4
- It doubles
- It halves
- In increases by a factor of root 2
5. What are the units of temperature, T?