1. What happens to the temperature of the molecule when velocity is doubled?
- In increases by a factor of root 2
- It increases by a factor of 4
- It halves
- It doubles
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. A diatomic molecule has....
- both translational and rotational kinetic energy
- two types of atoms
- both translational and longitudinal kinetic energy
- both rotational and longitudinal kinetic energy
3. The mean translational kinetic energy of an atom of an ideal gas is.....
- directly proportional to the speed of the gas
- directly proportional to the temperature of the gas
- inversely proportional to the temperature of the gas
- none of the above
4. What are the units of temperature, T?
5. What happens to the pressure when a fixed mass of gas expands to twice its original volume at a constant temperature?
- Stays the same
- increases by a factor of 4