1. What did newspaper reports do?
- Challenged McCarthy's views
- Made McCarthy look stupid
- Drew cartoons of him, portraying him to be an idiot who just wanted power
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Joseph Welch's (army's attorney) do?
- Rescheduled the trial to 1955
- Was polite and humilated McCarthy
- Became angry with McCarthy
3. When did McCarthy begin his communist hysteria?
4. How many communists did he claim to have a list of who worked in the government?
- Over 300
- Over 200
- Over 100
- Over 1000
5. What was the name of Ed Murrow's TV show in which he challenged McCarthy on?
- See It Now
- The Ed Murrow Show
- Anti-Communist TV
- Today's News