1. Anxiety is caused when the ego manages impulse that threaten to get out of control. How do defence mechanisms reduce anxiety?
- Channels negative energy out
- Use unconscious mental operations
- Distort reality to release impulses
- Block reality to increase mood
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Gray's reinforcement sensitivity theory differ to Eysenck's theory?
- Sensitivity to reward or punishment
- Determined by biological factors
- Spectrum of personality
- Involves biological systems
3. What is personality?
- Distinctive ways of behaving
- Patterns of behaviour and thought responses
- A psychophysical system
- Enduring characteristics that arise in early life
4. How can traits of personality be identified?
- Factor analysis
- Both of the above
- Lexical approach
- None of the above
5. Psychodynamic theory says personality is an energy system. What is libido?
- Innate drives that shape characteristics of personality
- Psychic energy generated by instincts that drives behaviour by need for release
- Psychic energy generated by unconscious processing that shapes our desires and characteristics
- Innate drives that direct behaviour by needing satisfaction