1. Focussed attention is the process of selectively concentrating on aspects of environment. What is the filter model of focussed attention?
- Ignore all information in a noisy environment until directly drawn into the situation e.g. someone saying your name
- Information in the environment is filtered at an early stage in attention process.
- Reduce effect of some information so that it isn't consciously processed
- Information in the environment is filtered at a late stage in the attention process, just before we respond
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effect do opiates have?
- Create hallucinations by impairing conscious processing.
- Relieve pain and change moods by effecting endorphin and dopamine systems
- Increase neural firing and arouse nervous system
- Decrease nervous system activity
3. Which of these does NOT affect circadian rhythms?
- None of the above - they all have an effect
- Exogenous and endogenous zeitgebers
- Pineal gland
- Suprachiasmatic nucleus
4. What is the difference between inattention and change blindness?
- Inattention is inability to focus attention and change is failure to adjust attention between two tasks
- Inattention is failure to notice unexpected items and change is failure to see items transform
- Inattention is failure to pay attention to important aspects of environment and change is inability to change in response to things noticed in the environment
- Inattention is failure to notice an item transform and change is failure to notice an unexpected item
5. How do drugs affect the brain?
- All of the above
- Carried through brain via capillaries
- Alter consciousness by modifying brain chemicals
- Facilitate or inhibit synaptic transmission