1. If 50% of the population are males and 50% females and an interviewer is asked to undertake a survey outside the university on a Friday at 3.00pm selecting males and females based on this split, this is an example of:
- b) Quota sampling
- c) Random sampling
- Stratified random sampling
- d) Convenience sampling
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Consumers today receive commercial messages from a broad range of sources. However, consumers ________ the way marketers do.
- d) Never pay attention to sales promotions
- a) Don't care about buzz marketing
- b) Don't distinguish between message sources
- c) Block out all media messages
3. Which of the following statements about break-even analysis is true?
- It is a technique used to calculate fixed costs.
- It determines the amount of retained earnings a company will have during a given accounting period
- It is calculated by using variable costs, the unit price, and fixed costs
- b) It is used to determine how much production experience a company must have in order to achieve desired efficiencies.
4. Having gathered a great deal of information, he has finally narrowed down his choices to three systems: Waterbags for Roadies, Supertanker Hydropacks, and Fast Water. Robert is in the ________ stage of the buying decision process.
- a) Information search
- c) Evaluation of alternatives
- b) Need recognition
- d) Product trial
5. A university enrolled 200 graduate students in the Autumn semester 2013. The enrolment rate was only slightly affected following a 12% hike in tuition fee. This illustrates a(n)________ demand
- a) Derived
- c) Inelastic
- b) Negative
- d) Highly elastic