1. How are ions accelerated?
- Propelled by kinetic energy
- Pushed by electricity
- + ions attracted to - plates; pass through slits between plates
- Shot by the electron gun
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many electrons does the electron gun knock off each atom
3. What data does mass spectrometery give?
- Accurate info on size of atoms
- Accurate info on toxicity of sample
- Accurate info on isotopes and their relative amlounts
- Accurate info on molecules and their type
4. What affects how the ions will be deflected
- Just the charge
- Mass to charge ratio
- Just the mass
- The number of type of that ion
5. A current is produced when the ion hits the plate. The more hits the..?
- More lines are drawn
- Bigger the current
- Stronger the line on graph
- Clearer the results