1. How are the ions detected?
- Scientist determines the resulsts
- Negatively charged plate
- Analysis machine
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many electrons does the electron gun knock off each atom
3. A current is produced when the ion hits the plate. The more hits the..?
- More lines are drawn
- Bigger the current
- Stronger the line on graph
- Clearer the results
4. What data does mass spectrometery give?
- Accurate info on size of atoms
- Accurate info on toxicity of sample
- Accurate info on isotopes and their relative amlounts
- Accurate info on molecules and their type
5. What is the rule of thumb about ion movement?
- Move in a straight line unless a force is applied
- Will continually spread out
- Able to take bends
- Gradually become slower over distances