1. What affects how the ions will be deflected
- Just the charge
- The number of type of that ion
- Mass to charge ratio
- Just the mass
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What deflects the ions?
- Negatively charged plate
- Magnetic field
- Electric current
3. What does the mass spectrometery machine do?
- Interprets vibrations
- Interprets graphs
- Analyses element samples
- Analyses wavelengths
4. Why does the sample need to be ionized?
- So particles can only be accelerated
- So particles can be accelerated and deflected
- So particles can be made lighter
- So particles can only be deflected
5. A current is produced when the ion hits the plate. The more hits the..?
- More lines are drawn
- Clearer the results
- Bigger the current
- Stronger the line on graph