1. Why does the sample need to be ionized?
- So particles can be accelerated and deflected
- So particles can only be deflected
- So particles can be made lighter
- So particles can only be accelerated
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are ions accelerated?
- Pushed by electricity
- + ions attracted to - plates; pass through slits between plates
- Propelled by kinetic energy
- Shot by the electron gun
3. What does the mass spectrometery machine do?
- Interprets graphs
- Analyses element samples
- Interprets vibrations
- Analyses wavelengths
4. What is the rule of thumb about ion movement?
- Gradually become slower over distances
- Move in a straight line unless a force is applied
- Able to take bends
- Will continually spread out
5. How many electrons does the electron gun knock off each atom