1. How are ions accelerated?
- Pushed by electricity
- + ions attracted to - plates; pass through slits between plates
- Propelled by kinetic energy
- Shot by the electron gun
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are the ions detected?
- Scientist determines the resulsts
- Negatively charged plate
- Analysis machine
3. What is the rule of thumb about ion movement?
- Move in a straight line unless a force is applied
- Gradually become slower over distances
- Will continually spread out
- Able to take bends
4. What data does mass spectrometery give?
- Accurate info on toxicity of sample
- Accurate info on molecules and their type
- Accurate info on isotopes and their relative amlounts
- Accurate info on size of atoms
5. What state must the sample be in?