1. A current is produced when the ion hits the plate. The more hits the..?
- More lines are drawn
- Bigger the current
- Stronger the line on graph
- Clearer the results
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does the sample need to be ionized?
- So particles can be accelerated and deflected
- So particles can only be deflected
- So particles can be made lighter
- So particles can only be accelerated
3. What deflects the ions?
- Electric current
- Magnetic field
- Negatively charged plate
4. What data does mass spectrometery give?
- Accurate info on toxicity of sample
- Accurate info on molecules and their type
- Accurate info on isotopes and their relative amlounts
- Accurate info on size of atoms
5. What is the rule of thumb about ion movement?
- Able to take bends
- Move in a straight line unless a force is applied
- Will continually spread out
- Gradually become slower over distances