1. What stage comes first in the process?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many electrons does the electron gun knock off each atom
3. What is the rule of thumb about ion movement?
- Able to take bends
- Gradually become slower over distances
- Move in a straight line unless a force is applied
- Will continually spread out
4. A current is produced when the ion hits the plate. The more hits the..?
- Stronger the line on graph
- More lines are drawn
- Bigger the current
- Clearer the results
5. What does acceleration achieve (as well as speed)
- Separates heavier ions
- Forces ions around the bend
- Focuses ions into narrow beam
- Makes heavier atoms become slower