1. Who notes that moral panics often result from media stereotyping of black people as potentially criminal?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believed that some sections of the media imply that the lives of white people are somehow more important than the lives on none white people - news items about disasters in other countries often restricted to few lines/words?
- Van Dijk
3. According to Philo and Beattie, what did TV journalists always forget?
- majority of the immigrants coming into the UK are here legally
- immigrants in the UK had made a substantial contribution to economy
- immigration figures were often over exaggerated
4. According to Van Dijk, which 3 groups seem to constitute the greatest threat in the UK according to newspapers and TV?
- Immigrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims
- Immigrants, Teenagers, Muslims
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims and Afro Caribbean Males
5. Who found that the common news stereotype was the idea that ethic minorities are posing a threat to the majority white culture?
- Van Dijk