1. Who notes that moral panics often result from media stereotyping of black people as potentially criminal?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argues that the way that newsgathering is now based in short snippets has actually legitimised the voice of extremist Islam - these groups given large amount of coverage but represent small pop of Muslims - destroys trust amongst Muslim readers?
- Van Dijk
3. According to Philo and Beattie, who are moral panics usually focused on?
- immigrants and asylum seekers
4. Who did Richardson study?
- Asylum Seekers in the UK
- British Muslims
- Immigrants in the UK
5. According to Van Dijk, which 3 groups seem to constitute the greatest threat in the UK according to newspapers and TV?
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims and Afro Caribbean Males
- Immigrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims
- Immigrants, Teenagers, Muslims