1. Who believed that some sections of the media imply that the lives of white people are somehow more important than the lives on none white people - news items about disasters in other countries often restricted to few lines/words?
- Van Dijk
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argued that Islam was demonised by the Western media - it has traditionally been portrayed as a threat to western interests and represented in a wholly negative way?
3. According to Van Dijk, which 3 groups seem to constitute the greatest threat in the UK according to newspapers and TV?
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims and Afro Caribbean Males
- Immigrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Muslims
- Immigrants, Teenagers, Muslims
4. Who notes that moral panics often result from media stereotyping of black people as potentially criminal?
5. Who argues that the way that newsgathering is now based in short snippets has actually legitimised the voice of extremist Islam - these groups given large amount of coverage but represent small pop of Muslims - destroys trust amongst Muslim readers?
- Van Dijk