1. What is meant by the stereotype of the elderly "mentally challenged"?
- elderly who are forgetful/be fuddled to those who are feeble minded or severely confused. growing old involves the loss/at least the decline of peoples mental functions
- (using for definition purposes)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Chandler suggest about pester power?
- creating great anxiety for poor parents who will often go into debt to provide for their children's needs
- causing children to become more spoilt
- children are starting to become less grateful for their belongings
3. Which two factors may influence the likelihood of seeing more adverts for the elderly?
- better medical care and the grey pound
- ageing population and grey pound
- ageing population and better medical care
4. Who believed that children are also represented in TV commercials in ways that socialise them to become more active consumers?
5. What percentage of the elderly were represented in advertising according to Lee?