1. What is the term for the artificial images reproduced across the world?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believed that the media now inform us that the consumption of images, logos and brands for their own sake should be a central aspect of our identities - fashion, style and image more important than substance?
3. Who believed that TV shows like I'm a celeb, Big Brother and TOWIE are blurring the distinction between reality and hyperreality?
4. Which group believe that the media generally define our lifestyles and identity for us - lifestyle mags, tv docs and advertising now shape all aspects of our life - if we don't like ourselves the media tells us how to makeover our bodies and lives?
5. Who stated that we buy the designer label rather than the goods themselves with the result that people are no longer judged on the basis of ability, skill or personality but on how "cool" they look or behave?
Similar Sociology resources: