1. What did the GUMG conclude?
- high proportion of able bodied sample felt fear and anxiety when in the proximity of people with mental health problems - media coverage convinced them that mental illness is associated with violent behaviour
- low proportion of able bodied sample felt fear and anxiety when in the proximity of people with mental health problems - ignored the ideological message that mental illness was associated with violent behaviour
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found that TV and press reporting of people suffering mental disabilities often focuses on violent incidents despite the fact that only a tiny minority of people with mental health impairments are potentially violent?
3. What is meant by the stereotype "as super cripples"?
- disabled are often portrayed as having special powers
- (using this for definition purposes)
4. Who identified 3 broad categories of disability stereotype in cinemas (the criminal, the sub human, the powerless/pathetic character)??
- Cumberbatch and Negrime
- Ross and Sancho
5. Who found 6 stereotypes of disabled people?