1. What is meant by the stereotype "as pitiable and pathetic"?
- grown in popularity due to TV appeals such as CIN - regular feature of TV drama and news is to over focus on disabled children and the possibility of miracle cures
- (using this for definition purposes)
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the GUMG conclude?
- high proportion of able bodied sample felt fear and anxiety when in the proximity of people with mental health problems - media coverage convinced them that mental illness is associated with violent behaviour
- low proportion of able bodied sample felt fear and anxiety when in the proximity of people with mental health problems - ignored the ideological message that mental illness was associated with violent behaviour
3. Who found that TV and press reporting of people suffering mental disabilities often focuses on violent incidents despite the fact that only a tiny minority of people with mental health impairments are potentially violent?
4. Who found 6 stereotypes of disabled people?
5. Which group did Ross and Sancho identify as being especially irritated by portrayals of miraculous cures and a lack of reality?
- Young Adults