1. Who believed that magazines promote a cult of femininity which shows how excellence is achieved through caring for others, marriage and appearance?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the media representation of femininity "Limited roles"?
- women seen as just being child bearers and punished for expressing sexuality
- presentations of women in media is biased because it emphasises womens domestic, sexual, consumer and marital activities to the exclusion of all else
- lack of women as newsreaders and game show hosts etc
3. Which magazine did Gauntlett focus her attention on?
4. How many women were featured in Sports Monthly in 2008?
5. Who believed that women are hardly in the news?