1. What did Gill believe?
- women are symbolically annihilated in the media
- female issues are often marginalised by newspapers in that the editors see the need to have women's pages which focus on women as a special group
- women are invisible in the media
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which magazine did Gauntlett focus her attention on?
3. Who stated that 3 stereotypes of women can be seen?
4. What are the three stereotypes identified by Gill?
- young physically toned and smart hetero uses sexual power over men, vengeful hetero beautiful woman set on punishing ex, hot lesbian entwined with beautiful woman
- women hardly in news, barely any coverage of women's sports, women invisible in the media
5. How many men were featured in Sports Monthly in 2008?