1. How many women were featured in Sports Monthly in 2008?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term "symbolic annihilation"?
- women's sports rarely covered
- womens achievements are often not reported, or are condemned or trivialised by the mass media - achievements presented as less important than looks and sex appeal
- women hardly in news
- women are invisible in the media
3. Who suggested that the images of women used by the media present a particular beauty ideal through which they transmit a strong ideological message that women should treat their bodies as a project in constant need of improvement?
4. Who believe women were symbolically annihilated?
5. How many men were featured in Sports Monthly in 2008?