1. Who suggested that the images of women used by the media present a particular beauty ideal through which they transmit a strong ideological message that women should treat their bodies as a project in constant need of improvement?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the male to female ratio of speaking parts in prime time drama?
3. How many men were featured in Sports Monthly in 2008?
4. What are the three stereotypes identified by Gill?
- young physically toned and smart hetero uses sexual power over men, vengeful hetero beautiful woman set on punishing ex, hot lesbian entwined with beautiful woman
- women hardly in news, barely any coverage of women's sports, women invisible in the media
5. Who suggested that the media can create anxiety in young females with regards to body image and identity which can create eating disorders?