1. Who suggested that the media can create anxiety in young females with regards to body image and identity which can create eating disorders?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the three stereotypes identified by Gill?
- young physically toned and smart hetero uses sexual power over men, vengeful hetero beautiful woman set on punishing ex, hot lesbian entwined with beautiful woman
- women hardly in news, barely any coverage of women's sports, women invisible in the media
3. What did Gill believe?
- female issues are often marginalised by newspapers in that the editors see the need to have women's pages which focus on women as a special group
- women are invisible in the media
- women are symbolically annihilated in the media
4. What is the male to female ratio of speaking parts in prime time drama?
5. Who suggested that the images of women used by the media present a particular beauty ideal through which they transmit a strong ideological message that women should treat their bodies as a project in constant need of improvement?