1. Who came up with the term "Cocacolanisation"?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Cohen and Kennedy believe about cultural pessimists?
- they underestimate the strength of local cultures
- they overestimate the strength of local cultures
3. Who states that the term 'global' rarely means 'universal' - new media particularly satellite tv, global advertising, films and internet companies have led to a westernisation of cultures?
4. Who argues that elements of high culture have now become a part of pop culture and vice versa - high culture images now reproduced on everything from socks and t shirts to mugs, mouse mats and posters?
5. What is the term for companies like McDonald's, Coca Cola, Vodafone etc now recognised across the world due to global media advertising - MDs 26,500 restaurants in 119 countries - identical food product anywhere in world - promotes global culture?
Similar Sociology resources: