1. Who states that one of the side effects of global culture organised around tv and the internet is that people are no longer willing to get involved in their communities, they would rather stay at home and watch tv?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Cohen and Kennedy believe about cultural pessimists?
- they underestimate the strength of local cultures
- they overestimate the strength of local cultures
3. Who believed the evolution of new media technologies has played an important role in the development of the global pop culture- globalisation undermined national and local cultures, with cultural products and ways of life in diff countries alike?
4. Who criticises cultural pessimists by stating that people do not generally abandon their cultural traditions, family duties, religious beliefs and national identities because they listen to Madonna or watch a Disney movie - produce hybrid cultures?
- Cohen and Kennedy
5. Who states that the term 'global' rarely means 'universal' - new media particularly satellite tv, global advertising, films and internet companies have led to a westernisation of cultures?
Similar Sociology resources: