1. Who states that one of the side effects of global culture organised around tv and the internet is that people are no longer willing to get involved in their communities, they would rather stay at home and watch tv?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the term for companies like McDonald's, Coca Cola, Vodafone etc now recognised across the world due to global media advertising - MDs 26,500 restaurants in 119 countries - identical food product anywhere in world - promotes global culture?
3. Who argues that elements of high culture have now become a part of pop culture and vice versa - high culture images now reproduced on everything from socks and t shirts to mugs, mouse mats and posters?
4. What do Cohen and Kennedy believe about cultural pessimists?
- they underestimate the strength of local cultures
- they overestimate the strength of local cultures
5. Who believed the evolution of new media technologies has played an important role in the development of the global pop culture- globalisation undermined national and local cultures, with cultural products and ways of life in diff countries alike?
Similar Sociology resources: