1. Who states that the term 'global' rarely means 'universal' - new media particularly satellite tv, global advertising, films and internet companies have led to a westernisation of cultures?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Cohen and Kennedy believe about cultural pessimists?
- they underestimate the strength of local cultures
- they overestimate the strength of local cultures
3. Who criticises cultural pessimists by stating that people do not generally abandon their cultural traditions, family duties, religious beliefs and national identities because they listen to Madonna or watch a Disney movie - produce hybrid cultures?
- Cohen and Kennedy
4. What is the process whereby most media conglomerates are now based in the US along with the likes of Microsoft, Google and Facebook? people around the world have become exposed to US movies and television, fast foods and soft drinks?
5. Who argues that elements of high culture have now become a part of pop culture and vice versa - high culture images now reproduced on everything from socks and t shirts to mugs, mouse mats and posters?
Similar Sociology resources: