1. What do Cohen and Kennedy believe about cultural pessimists?
- they underestimate the strength of local cultures
- they overestimate the strength of local cultures
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who came up with the term McDonaldisation?
3. Who criticises cultural pessimists by stating that people do not generally abandon their cultural traditions, family duties, religious beliefs and national identities because they listen to Madonna or watch a Disney movie - produce hybrid cultures?
- Cohen and Kennedy
4. What is the process whereby most media conglomerates are now based in the US along with the likes of Microsoft, Google and Facebook? people around the world have become exposed to US movies and television, fast foods and soft drinks?
5. What is the term for companies like McDonald's, Coca Cola, Vodafone etc now recognised across the world due to global media advertising - MDs 26,500 restaurants in 119 countries - identical food product anywhere in world - promotes global culture?
Similar Sociology resources: