1. Give an example of a 'base'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. "Crime is a rational response to capitalism and is found in all classes" according to who?
- Gordon (1976)
- Snider (1993)
- Reiman (2001)
- Chambliss (1975)
3. Marx: each significant period in histrory is based around a 'mode of production', e.g.
4. Taylor et al's theory on how crime develops has 6 aspects. Which is not one of those?
- Investigate the immediate origins of social reaction
- Investigate the cost of damges due to the act
- Investigate the act itself
- Investigate the wider origins of social reaction
- Investigate the wider origins of the act
- Investigate the immediate origins of the act
- Investigate the effects of labelling
5. New Criminologists aim to combine ideas from...
- Interactionism (observations prove crime) and Postmodernism (modern day services means more crime)
- Traditional Marxism (unequal wealth and power to enforce laws) and Interactionism (effects of labels)
- Functionalism (how the family affects crime) and Marxism (capitalism leads to new crime)
- Left realism (unequal capitalism) and Marxism (revolutions)