1. Reiman: selective enforcement means that police arrest powerless groups, such as...
- The media.
- The ruling class.
- The working class.
- The mafia.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Taylor et al differ from traditional Marxists, as they take a more ____________ view.
3. Pearce: laws that appear to benefit the w/c even though they benefit the ruling class are known as what?
- Ideological functioning laws.
- The glass ceiling.
- Fake laws.
- Demonstrations of exploitation.
4. Left realists accuse other sociologists for not doing what?
- Finding the main reason for why w/c commit crime
- Taking crime seriously
- Helping the victims of crime
- Being deterministic
5. Right realists criticise SCC crime prevention for being too soft on crime, by implying it's due to society. They also apparently make excuses for criminals, rather than...
- Introducing ways of helping victims
- Creating tighter controls and more severe punishments
- Recording data as to why crimes occur
- Giving proof of these excuses