- Created by: Ash-Ketchum
- Created on: 07-09-15 21:31
1. What is 'legitimasation'?
- Racism helps jusitfy low pay and working conditions
- Old English for 'leg it'
- Racism divides workers and postpons a revolution
- Black people are scapegoated for capitalist problems
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Pick the word that best describes the relationship between the bourgeoisie and proletariat
- Equal (they have a fair system of money for work)
- Unequal (proletariat are exploited by bourgeoisie for money)
- They don't have one (They are unrelated things)
3. What did Gramsci conclude?
- Grams are heavier than ounces
- The bourgeoisie have more cultural capital than the proletariat and this helps them maintain their position
- Hegemony - Capitalists use their superior resources to fool the w/c into thinking the system is fair
- A revolution would solve everything
4. What two inter-dependant parts is capitalist society made up of?
- Superstructure and jobs
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2
- Infrastrucutre and Superstrucutre
- Infrastructure and money
5. What part does 'Cultural Capital' play and who said it?
- Bourdieu - the bourgeoisie have more cultural capital than the proletariat and this helps them maintain their position
- Gramsci - the bourgeoisie have more cultural capital than the proletariat and this helps them maintain their position
- Gramsci - Capitalists use their superior resources to advance
- Pikachu - Pallet is the capital of Kanto and has a rich culture