1. The Freedom Riders wanted to put pressure on Kennedy. They succeeded; later that year all railway and bus stations were desegregated by the...
- American Travel Committee
- Interstate Commerce Committee
- Interstate Travel Board
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where was the first sit-in?
- A lunch counter in Montgomery
- Woolworth's in Greensboro North Carolina
- Hard Rock Cafe in Tulsa
3. What happened to the freedom ride bus at Anniston, Alabama?
- It was firebombed
- It was toppled over
- It was stolen
- It's windows were smashed
4. By 1961 how many towns and cities were desegregated?
5. In total how many people took part in the first sit-in?