1. When did the Supreme Court decide that all bus stations and terminals that served interstate travellers should be integrated?
- November 1959
- January 1962
- December 1960
- August 1960
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the summer of 1961, how did King, CORE and SNCC test the Supreme Court decision of integration of bus stations and terminals?
- By organising freedom rides - buses that would drive through the South 'testing' the facilities in bus stations to make sure they were integrated.
- By carrying out surveys of travellers to see whether they believed facilities at bus stations were integrated.
3. The first freedom ride bus travelled from...
- Chicago to Mississippi
- Oklahoma to New York
- Washington DC to New Orleans
- Florida to Manhattan
4. By 1961 how many towns and cities were desegregated?
5. Over the summer of 1961 how many freedom riders were arrested?
- More than 1000
- More than 200
- More than 400
- More than 800