1. Which study found that when husbands earned more than their wive both the husband and wive would consider his job more important whereas if a wive earned more than their husband both said their jobs were equally as important?
- Christensen et al.
- Steil and Weltman
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What must be established in order for a relationship to be maintained?
3. Which is Argyle suggest?
- When husbands earned more than their wive both the husband and wive would consider his job more important whereas if a wive earned more than their husband both said their jobs were equally as important
- We only evaluate the rewards and costs of a relationships in a breakdown of a relationship
- Economic theories such as the equity theory cannot be applied to non-western cultures due to the selfish nature of this theory and collectivist cultures aren't based on such values
- When using relationship therapy based on the increasing positive exchanges, 2/3's of couples relationships improved maintaining their relationships
4. Who suggested the social exchange theory?
- Thibaut and Kelly
- Rusbult and Van Lange
5. What is the comparison level?
- When the costs outweigh the rewards
- The standard to which all relationships are compared to, its based on past experiences of relationships, parents' relationship, the media's portrayal of relationship and peers' relationships
- Another possible partner that may have a potential relationship that is more in profit than the current relationship