1. What is the comparison level?
- The standard to which all relationships are compared to, its based on past experiences of relationships, parents' relationship, the media's portrayal of relationship and peers' relationships
- Another possible partner that may have a potential relationship that is more in profit than the current relationship
- When the costs outweigh the rewards
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Christensen et al. find?
- When using relationship therapy based on the increasing positive exchanges, 2/3's of couples relationships improved maintaining their relationships
- Economic theories such as the equity theory cannot be applied to non-western cultures due to the selfish nature of this theory and collectivist cultures aren't based on such values
- We only evaluate the rewards and costs of a relationships in a breakdown of a relationship
- When husbands earned more than their wive both the husband and wive would consider his job more important whereas if a wive earned more than their husband both said their jobs were equally as important
3. Which model did Rustbult and Van Lange develop?
- The investment Model
- The equity theory
- The social exchange theory
4. An equitable relationship is a relationship that ....
- When the benefits minus the costs of one of the partners is equal to the benefits minus the costs of the other partner?
- A relationship is in profit
5. Who suggested the social exchange theory?
- Thibaut and Kelly
- Rusbult and Van Lange