1. An equitable relationship is a relationship that ....
- When the benefits minus the costs of one of the partners is equal to the benefits minus the costs of the other partner?
- A relationship is in profit
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Whom put forward that economic theories such as the equity theory cannot be applied to non-western cultures due to the selfish nature of this theory and collectivist cultures aren't based on such values?
- Christensen et al.
- Steil and Weltman
3. Who suggested the social exchange theory?
- Thibaut and Kelly
- Rusbult and Van Lange
4. For a relationship to be maintained ....
- The costs must outweigh the rewards so that the relationship is in profit
- The costs must outweigh the rewards so that the relationship is in loss
- The rewards must outweigh the costs so that the relationship is in profit
- The rewards must outweigh the costs so the relationship is at a loss
5. What is the comparison level?
- The standard to which all relationships are compared to, its based on past experiences of relationships, parents' relationship, the media's portrayal of relationship and peers' relationships
- Another possible partner that may have a potential relationship that is more in profit than the current relationship
- When the costs outweigh the rewards