- Created by: MariaC5
- Created on: 01-05-18 13:56
1. Punctuated evolution may occur because...
- Small isolated populations evolve rapidly
- New species originates in a very small part of ancestral range so fossils are rare
- New species arise by splitting off from lineages
- All of the above
- Sub-population gives rise to new species
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. On average, horse teeth evolve at --- Darwins per million years
- 0.05 - 1.0
- 0.02 - 0.10
- 0.05 - 0.10
- 0.2 - 1.0
3. The result of an complete fossil record - intermediates were very common
4. MacFadden (1988) measured what?
- Ears of fossil apes
- Teeth of fossil horses
- Tails of fossil lion
5. Latimeria is the worlds most famous example of what?
- A living fossil
- Natural selection