1. People who would like to work full time, but are able to find only part-time work are officially counted as:
- chronically unemployed
- out of the labour force.
- discouraged workers
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A decrease in the official value of a currency in a fixed-exchange-rate system is called a(n):
3. People who enjoy high standards of living usually have all of the following EXCEPT:
- freedom from scarcity.
- more and better consumer goods.
- higher literacy rates
- longer life expectancies.
- better general health.
4. If consumption increases by €9 when after-tax disposable income increases by €10, the marginal propensity to consume equals:
5. The greater demand for paid childcare services as women's labour force participation increases represents primarily:
- a switch from non-market to market production.
- a decrease in economic activity.
- a decrease in GDP.
- an increase in economic activity.
- a switch from market to non-market production.