1. who says this? 'look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under't' ?
- Macbeth to the servants
- Macbeth to Lady Macbeth
- Lady Macbeth to Macbeth
- Macbeth to Macduff
- The witches to Macbeth and Banquo
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. which return to 'plague the inventor' ?
- bloody instructions
- bloody thoughts
- bloody commands
- bloody actions
3. what does the third apparition tell Macbeth?
- beware Macduff
- macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until great Birnam wood shall come against him
- none of woman born shall harm macbeth
4. what does Macbeth say to the ghost of Banquo?
- never shake thy gory locks at me
- show your face
- never shall you nor your babes gain the crown
- never show your presence in front of me again
5. 'sacrilegious murder hath broke ope the Lord's annointed temple' what might this mean?
- a sinful act of murder against Gods' representative on earth
- someone has blasphemed against God
- all religious belief is lost in sinful times
- a sinful act of murder has killed God
Similar English Literature resources: