1. Which verb used gave the highest mean speed estimate?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which leading question was used within the second experiment?
- How much broken glass was all over the floor?
- Which window of the car was smashed?
- Did you see any broken glass?
- What colour was the quarter panel of the car that got hit?
3. Why was the gathering of quantative data from the estimates of speed a strength?
- They didn't have to look at it through a magnifying glass to read the pp's messy handwriting
- It meant that they didn't have to interpret all of the data in a subjective way meaning their study had increased objectivity
- It meant that they could enter it straight onto the computer with ease rather than having to type each statement made within the questionnaires
- They were able to gather reliable subjective data that would be able to be analysed in a biased way
4. What was the dependent variable?
- How many cars were involved in the collision
- The estimate of speed given
- How many films they showed
- What words they chose
5. How many of the films used were staged?