1. Which two words from the first experiment were chosen for the leading questions within the questionnaire?
- Smashed and Contacted
- Smashed and Hit
- Bumped and Collided
- Bumped and Hit
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A weakness might be that the students may not have been under the same emotional strain as those in a real car incident leading to..
- The findings not having validity
- The findings not representing what the researcher wants to see
- The findings not being replicable
- The findings being heavily influenced by the experimenter bias
3. In the second experiment, how many pps were used?
4. Their use of a laboratory setting was a strength because...
- They had clear controls such as all pps being asked identical questions. Their controls and documentation of the procedure meant that it was easy to replicate.
- They were demand characteristics which is what they had initially stated they were looking for within their hypothesis at the start of their study.
- They could be unethical and justify it for scientific research
- It meant that they were able to obtain ecological validity
5. What experimental design was used?
- Test retest
- Repeated mesures
- Independent design
- Matched pairs