1. A weakness of it being in a laboratory setting would be...
- Demand characteristics
- High ecological validity
- Hard to replicate
- Hard to control the ethics
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the independent variable?
- How many pps they used
- The wording of the question
- The speed the pp suggested
- The film they showed
3. Their use of a laboratory setting was a strength because...
- It meant that they were able to obtain ecological validity
- They had clear controls such as all pps being asked identical questions. Their controls and documentation of the procedure meant that it was easy to replicate.
- They could be unethical and justify it for scientific research
- They were demand characteristics which is what they had initially stated they were looking for within their hypothesis at the start of their study.
4. What experimental design was used?
- Independent design
- Repeated mesures
- Matched pairs
- Test retest
5. What did they conclude from this second experiment?
- That even after a week the phrasing of a question can still affect the answer given, through recostructive memory and poor questionning techique
- That broken glass was not a good device in terms of leading on the pps.
- That the pps had bad memories
- That even a week later when the pps could have thought about their response, they sitll answered incorrectly