1. Why might the students chosen to partcipate in the study be weakness
- They may not have fully grasped the concept of this experiment and so may have wanted to sabotage it
- They may not have been drivers themselves and so their estimate may not have been informed and so are likely to to be representative of many others within this circumstance
- They can't read or write properly and so the answers given arent likey to have been legible forcing the researchers to make up the results
- They're young and so are naive and may not know what to say
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the participants have to do once they had watched the film and provided their account of what happened??
- Continue with their day to day lives, to be called back several weeks later
- Take a nap
- Fill out a questionnaire
- Participate in an interference task
3. How many of the films used were staged?
4. Which two words from the first experiment were chosen for the leading questions within the questionnaire?
- Bumped and Hit
- Smashed and Hit
- Smashed and Contacted
- Bumped and Collided
5. What was the dependent variable?
- The estimate of speed given
- What words they chose
- How many films they showed
- How many cars were involved in the collision