1. At what point do children learn many more words?
- 50 words
- 500 words
- 1000 words
- 25 words
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain word organisation by morphological relatedness
- patterns are made morphologically involving affixes and/ suffixes then applied to other contexts
- the grammatical aspect of words e.g. suffixes hinder the learning of words
3. Why did Gentner claim nouns are easier to learn than verbs?
- because children hear them more often
- because they are conceptually easier
- because they start with a capital letter
4. In terms of lexical constraints- what is mutual exclusivity?
- if we already give the name of the whole, children then label the part of the object
- children do not learn the name of detail until very late
- children use cancellation techniques to figure out word meanings
5. Under extension is:
- the wrong ending is applied to a verb
- a child uses a word in the incorrect context
- a child refers to something as a word outside its category