1. Under extension is:
- a child uses a word in the incorrect context
- a child refers to something as a word outside its category
- the wrong ending is applied to a verb
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Ambridge claim nouns are easier to learn than verbs?
- because they start with a capital letter
- because they are used more often in adult language
- because they are conceptually easier
3. In terms of lexical constraints- what is whole object assumption?
- children learn the whole object before any detail and assume an object has its name due to shape instead of semantic meaning
- children learn words based on sound
- children do not learn the names of entire objects
- children learn detail before whole object
4. At what point do children learn many more words?
- 50 words
- 500 words
- 1000 words
- 25 words
5. In terms of lexical constraints- what is mutual exclusivity?
- if we already give the name of the whole, children then label the part of the object
- children do not learn the name of detail until very late
- children use cancellation techniques to figure out word meanings