- Created by: alicewinterburn
- Created on: 18-04-15 23:49
1. Under extension is:
- a child uses a word in the incorrect context
- a child refers to something as a word outside its category
- the wrong ending is applied to a verb
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Gentner claim nouns are easier to learn than verbs?
- because children hear them more often
- because they are conceptually easier
- because they start with a capital letter
3. Explain joint attention in terms of lexical constraints
- Children who spend more time in joint attentional frames learn more words
- children in joint attention frames get more distracted and do not learn new word meanings
- children like being in joint attention with a caregiver
4. In what instances do children show less of a vocabulary 'spurt'
- with siblings
- without siblings
5. At what point do children learn many more words?
- 50 words
- 500 words
- 1000 words
- 25 words