1. Why did Gentner claim nouns are easier to learn than verbs?
- because they are conceptually easier
- because they start with a capital letter
- because children hear them more often
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Over extension is:
- a child refers to something as a word outside its category
- a child uses a word in the incorrect context
- the wrong ending is applied to a verb
3. What is word association by form?
- learning of words is not affected by transparency of meaning
- learning of words is aided through the transparency of mapping form to meaning e.g. onomatopoeia
- learning of words is hindered by its association to other things e.g. onomatopoeia
4. How is language used with activities?
- the child talks during the activities
- language serves as an accompaniment to each activity
- it isn't
5. What are potential problems when it comes to word learning
- children find word learning less entertaining than phonological cues
- it is harder to learn words because they are conceptually more difficult than real objects
- children have to label parts of objects, and they have to learn multiple labels for one and the same object
- children do not like word learning