1. How is language used with activities?
- the child talks during the activities
- language serves as an accompaniment to each activity
- it isn't
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain word organisation by morphological relatedness
- patterns are made morphologically involving affixes and/ suffixes then applied to other contexts
- the grammatical aspect of words e.g. suffixes hinder the learning of words
3. Why did Ambridge claim nouns are easier to learn than verbs?
- because they start with a capital letter
- because they are used more often in adult language
- because they are conceptually easier
4. In what instances do children show less of a vocabulary 'spurt'
- with siblings
- without siblings
5. In terms of lexical constraints- what is whole object assumption?
- children learn the whole object before any detail and assume an object has its name due to shape instead of semantic meaning
- children learn detail before whole object
- children learn words based on sound
- children do not learn the names of entire objects