1. Why are the coffin and headstone plain?
- So they aren't considered sinners
- Because it's cost efficient
- So that all Jewish people can be seen as equal
- So that they don't stand out, projecting boastfulness
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who are the Chevra Kaddisha?
- A Jewish court full of people
- Witnesses who are involved in a Jeiwsh marriage
- Volunteers from the religious community, who care for the dead
- The three witnesses during the divorce process
3. What are the people called who sit with the dead body?
- Chevra Kaddisha
4. Why can't you eat, drink or perform a command in the presence of the dead?
- Will interrupt the death cycle
- It's seen as a mockery to the death
- Disrespecting God
- It's unhygienic
5. Why are open casket ceremonies forbidden?
- It's disrespectful to allow friends and enemies to view the dead, mocking their helpless state