1. Why are open casket ceremonies forbidden?
- It's disrespectful to allow friends and enemies to view the dead, mocking their helpless state
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How old is a boy when he has a Bar Mitzvah?
3. Who are the Chevra Kaddisha?
- A Jewish court full of people
- Witnesses who are involved in a Jeiwsh marriage
- Volunteers from the religious community, who care for the dead
- The three witnesses during the divorce process
4. Why can't you eat, drink or perform a command in the presence of the dead?
- Will interrupt the death cycle
- It's unhygienic
- It's seen as a mockery to the death
- Disrespecting God
5. What are the people called who sit with the dead body?
- Chevra Kaddisha