1. Who claims that 'freedom in the true sense... consists of acting on a public stage in sight of other men who are then able to remember and so immortalise what was done'?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a republican argument for political participation being necessary to freedom?
- negative liberty
- instrumental value
3. Who says that the in the republican tradition freedom is 'not being dependent on the will of another'?
4. What, according to republicans is the surest way of protecting one's freedom from interference by others?
- political participation
- strong sense of civic duty
5. What are Isaiah Berlin's two concepts of freedom?
- positive and negative
- active and passive