1. What is effective freedom opposed to?
- formal freedom
- negative freedom
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are Isaiah Berlin's two concepts of freedom?
- positive and negative
- active and passive
3. What, according to republicans is the surest way of protecting one's freedom from interference by others?
- political participation
- strong sense of civic duty
4. How does education help raise one's amount of freedom?
- by making more options available and increasing autonomy
- by increasing your average lifetime earnings
5. Aristotle thought that man is...
- a political animal
- a social animal