1. What is effective freedom opposed to?
- formal freedom
- negative freedom
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What, according to republicans is the surest way of protecting one's freedom from interference by others?
- political participation
- strong sense of civic duty
3. What is meant by domination?
- a person is vulnerable to arbitrary interference by another agent
- a person is a slave
4. Who says that if someone erects a fence around a bog or along a cliff-face, we cannot call that a restriction on freedom?
5. Who claims that 'freedom in the true sense... consists of acting on a public stage in sight of other men who are then able to remember and so immortalise what was done'?